FDR

Default DVDr vs CDr.

"Lon Stowell" wrote in message
I do realize you are making this up as you go along.

Wrong is wrong and all your hand waving and avoidance won't
change the fact that you simply do not have a clue what you
are talking about.

As for the ears hearing analog, you may want to check a good
physiology reference or articles in Scientific American as
to how the ear really perceives sound and how the signals
from the inner ear [past the bones and drum] are passed
to the brain. Not that it has one single solitary thing
to do with whether or not players have filters to "fill in
the missing data points", but you are wrong on the ears as
well.

I've done a report on the ear for a class referencing medical books that my
wife has (she's a physician). I know how the ear works, so don't act
condescending to me. I also know that everyday sounds are analog in nature.
Sound pressure gets transduced though a microphone to an analog voltage,
then gets converted to binary and loses some info because of sampling and
other errors, get's reproduced to analog with some interpolation to recover
some lost info and amplified to a usable signal that can be put through a
speaker to recreate sound pressure.