Randy and/or Sherry

John Byrns wrote:

Come on, today it only costs pennies, we do it all the time for FM stereo,
although in that case the carrier isn't transmitted, so your gut doesn't
have to worry. C-Quam AM stereo chips do it too, no big deal. Well, I
suppose it is not trivial doing it with tubes, and tube type FM stereo
used filters and doublers, rather than PLLs, but it would be doable.

Then how do they get $$$ for these?

http://www.sherweng.com/indepth.html

what's different here than say the C-Quam chips - or perhaps that is an
answer - before these chips $$$$ - if somebody figures how to adapt
these chips to accomplish similar performance???? If I could get that
kind of performance out of a cheap chip... hmmmmm....!

best regards..
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com