Nousaine

Default What is so high end about high end?

"Wylie Williams" wrote:

Nousaine" wrote in message
Why don't you or Harry include bias controlled listening in your methods?

It's
not that hard. Be more inclusive and tolerant.

"
"It's not that hard?" Reading RAHE posts makes it look like a very
involved process, especially since RAHE members argue at length about the
validity of the methods, the conduct of the tests, and the credibility of
the results.

I thought you said you'd been in the business for 22 years? Does this mean
you've never had the 'wrong box' or 'wrong switch position' and still "heard"
the claimed improvements? You certainly must have.

But if there is a simple method I would like to see instructions. I
am considering comparing three amps I own. Normally I would have just
substited and listened to each a few days, comparing opinions with my wife
as we went along, but I will consider bias controlled listening.
Wylie Williams

Think about it. What do you need to restrict decisons to sound alone? First you
need to match levels at the speaker terminals. Test cd and Voltmeter.

Next you need a 2nd party; how about your wife? If you will review (or read "To
Tweak or Not to Tweak" in Sound & Vision you'll get a good idea of a reasonable
protocol. E-mail me if you want a copy.

You'll need a coin to flip; a way to indpendently record your answers and
shield them from change, a blanket (s) or cloth to cover the devices ot
terminals and a person to change devices when you're out of the room.

Alternatively QSC sells a good ABX comparitor for $600.