Pete Hansen

Default music casette to cd transfer faster than real-time?

hello, I've got a collection of old audio cassettes which i want to put on
cds. Now, since there are so many tapes it will take alot of time doing the
recording.

are there any players or other hardware which can do this conversion faster.
My first thoughts about this was a casette-player which would do a playback
in 2x-Nx speed and then the recorded data could be adjusted on a computer.
But I heard that this would require a really special soundcard with a broad
frequency-band unless i wanted poor quality..?

Please Advise