valvesr4me

Default McIntosh Bubbling glass

What's the method to go about it?

Dieter

Rich Andrews wrote:
(StuWelwood) wrote in
:

Does anyone have a method to touch up a front glasss that is bubbling?

Why not give McIntosh a call? They often get older gear in for repairs, and
they should be able to make it like new. What model are we talking about?

Stuart Welwood
http://members.aol.com/StuWelwood

Stuart,

The model is MI3. I called Audio Classics, Mc, and Terry at
McIntoshAudio.com. The glass is not available from any of the above sources
for the MI3. Terry described a procedure to repair the bubbled paint/ink
areas so I think I am good to go. I know why the ink bubbles and there is no
hope. It is going to happen. I am sure Mc really didn't know what was going
to happen, it is just a shame that it does. Lets look at it this was, what
does one expect from a 30+ year old piece of gear?

On a different note, the MI3 I have has an open HV winding. I was going to
make a tripler using the remaining 330VAC tap. What sort of additional load
does a tripler present to that tap? It has been too long since I messed with
circuits of this nature.