BadAndy208

Default Enclosure question

I just purchased 2 JL12W0's and a Kenwood KAC-7251 amp that I am having
installed in extended cab area of my 2002 Ford Ranger. I also bought 2 single
prefab 12" MDF enclosures for the subs. My plan is to have the 2 boxes
standing on their ends, so that they are basically standing up instead of
sitting down. For the amp, I am wanting to use either a piece of plywood or
MDF to connect the 2 boxes, which i will mount the amp in the middle of the
board. I want to do it this way so I don't have to drill into the frame of the
truck, and so that it will hopefully help steady the 2 boxes. Here is what I am
wanting to know...

1) Would I be better off with plywood, or the MDF for this wall for the amp?
2) What kind of price can I expect to pay for these 2? The size would be
roughly 2'x4'
3)Where can I find the carpet to cover this board that would match the carpet
on the prefab boxes(greyish black)? Would this be available at a HomeDepot type
store? or would I be able to get it from my local car audio shop?

Thanks for anyone that can help, and quick responses are appreciated as I
having it installed on saturday, and with it beign holiday week, i have minimal
time to locate and prepare this before the amp must be put in.
Thank you very much!
Andy