Bruce J. Richman

Default For Those Tired of Debating Foreign Policy - A New Non-Audio Post

In the dead of summer a fly was resting on a leaf

beside a lake. The

hot, dry fly who said to no one in particular,

"Gosh....if I go down

three inches, I will feel the mist from the water and

I will be

refreshed."

There was a fish in the water thinking, "Gosh...if

that fly goes

down three inches I can jump up and eat him."

There was also a bear resting on the shore thinking

"Gosh...if that

fly goes down three inches...that fish will jump for

the fly....and I

will eat him."

It also happened that there was a hunter was further

up the bank of

the lake preparing to eat a cheese sandwich. "Gosh" he

thought "if that

fly goes down three inches....and that fish leaps for

it....that bear

will expose himself and grab fo! r the fish. I'll

shoot the bear and

then

have a proper lunch."

You probably think this is enough activity for one

bank of a lake,

but I can tell you there was more.

A wee mouse by the hunter's foot was thinking

"Gosh....if that fly

goes down three inches....and that fish jumps for that

fly....and that

bear grabs for that fish....the dumb hunter will shoot

the bear and

drop

his cheese sandwich, which I c! an then eat."

Finally, there was a cat lurking in the bushes took in

this scene

and thought "Gosh....if that fly goes down three

inches....and that

fish

jumps for that fly....and that bear grabs for that

fish...and that

hunters shoots that bear... and that mouse makes off

with the cheese

sandwich....then I can have mouse for lunch while he's

distracted."

The poor fly, who is oblivious to all this activity

around him, is

finally so hot and so dry that he heads down for the

cooling mist of

the

water.

The fish then swallows the fly....the bear grabs the

fish....the

hunter shoots the bear....the mouse grabs the cheese

sandwich....the

cat

jumps for the mouse....the mouse ducks....the cat

falls into the water

and drowns.

The moral of the story is.....whenever a fly goes down

three inches

some pussy is probably in danger

Bruce J. Richman