Scott Dorsey

Doug wrote:
So does that mean I have to change the volume of the speakers when I
want to change volume. Or can I control the volume from the mixer
only?

If your mixer has a monitor section with a volume control for the control
room outputs, some routing for the control room outputs so you can listen
to various busses in mono or stereo, then you are good to go.

If you do not have a monitor section and no seperate control room outputs,
you can buy any one of a number of outboard boxes which basically emulate
the monitor section of a console. Coleman Audio makes a nice one. For
the most part these don't handle PFL or aux solos as nicely as a real monitor
section, though.