Posted to rec.audio.pro
david correia david correia is offline

Default How do these heads look ?

In article .com,
"Daniel" wrote:

(the REAL real way is
to remove the heads and send them to JRF Magnetic Sciences for
evaluation)

Thank you but that's really not an option. 9 / 10 sellers would not
agree to this.

I've bought and sold multiple mtr-90's over the years and a head report
was always part of the transaction. But the head report for this deck
would probably cost as much as the deck ...

Have you ever owned an analog multitrack? Or lived with one that is old,
even if it didn't have a lot of miles on it?

I've had students, against my recommendations, buy them and end up
spending a lot more $ on them than they ever anticipated.

If you really wanna add analog tape to your arsenal, let me suggest you
get a stereo half track to dump your mixes too.

My 2 cents for free ;

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com