Mkuller

Default Mark Levinson vs Jadis

"john"
Date: 8/15/03 5:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time
wrote:
I would be very interested on hearing from other serious audiophiles whom
have
had the pleasure of listening to the Jadis JP80mc and the Mark Levinson 380S
and
or the No 32.
How did they compare in the resolution of the very fine areas where the
music lives.
you know, that area where the hairs on the back of your head stand up.
I have heard that the Mark levinson reveal extreme fine detail, & the Jadis
just
sounds like music.

IMHO, you have described here the difference between good High End solid and
tubed amps. I owned a Pass X-350 for a couple of months and it was the best
solid state amp I had heard. It was great on low level detail, dynamics and
bass slam but I always felt I was listening to an amplifier. Then I compared
it to a pair of Manley Neo-Classic 250s (same retail price) and the Manleys
just sounded like music in my room. Needless to say, I got rid of the Pass and
love the Manleys. Be sure you spend some time listeneing to each amp on your
own system if possible. First impressions aren't always accurate.
Regards,
Mike