Default sound in wav-format

Grand Wizard Jones writes:

Todd H. writes:

Loudness is not the same as sound pressure level (SPL).

Irrelevant, given that I never said it is, Todd.

By claiming that loudness can be objectively measured by a microphone,
actually, you did.

You're erroneously presupposing that I said that loudness can be
objectively measured by a microphone, Todd. Please demonstrate
where I used "loudness", Todd.

Because microphones transduce air pressure fluctuations into a
time-varying voltage.

Very good, Todd.

They don't transduce "loud" into voltage.

Irrelevant, given that I never said they do, Todd.

Irrelevant, given that I didn't say a thing about "loudness".

[snip]

Perhaps not, Todd. The real problem is that you're hallucinating
terminology that I did not use.

Tholen,

Jones,

You have the single most irritating method of "argument" I have ever
come across.

What is allegedly irritating about the truth, Jones? I can understand
that those who get caught by the truth can be irritated by the
embarrassment.

Considering the calibre of posts on this board, you've made a fool of
yourself.

Just admit that you got it wrong!

You're erroneously presupposing that I got it wrong, Jones.

in a discrete system of encoding, a
doubling of energy does not mean twice as loud!

Irrelevant, given that I never said it does, Jones.

and my statement not irrelevant because you may have stated it
differently,

Or I may not have stated it at all, Jones.

you implied it,

Yet another person who doesn't understand the difference between
implication and inference. Just because you inferred it does not
mean that I implied it, Jones.

and everyone reading your post knew it!

On what basis do you speak for "everyone reading my post", Jones?
Such a claim of clarivoyance undermines your credibility, Jones,
which isn't particularly unusual for USENET. Faced with a losing
proposition, I've witnessed many a poster claim that they're
speaking for "everyone". Gosh, the Church spoke for "everyone"
and claimed that Galileo was wrong. Those who fail to understand
history are destined to repeat it, as the saying goes, and as
you've just demonstrated.