Arny Krueger

Default Yet Another Headphone Question !!

"SST" wrote in message
. net

The HD580's are 300 Ohm as well as most other Hi-Fi cans. Portable
phones are generally closer to 30 Ohms.

So what? Wht matters is how much acoustic energy the headphones make when
hooked up to the equipment in question.

There are a number of people who actually have HD 580s and use them with
portable equipment and report excellent results. I just happen to be one of
them.

How the hell are you listening to them with your NJB?

The old fashioned way. I plug them into the headphone jack on the NJB3,
place them on my head and listen.

Or any other portable for that matter.

The 580's work just fine with a variety of portable equipment and PC sound
cards.

I respectfully suggest that you actually try something before you condemn
it. Or at least have the courtesy to believe people who have, and say it
works.

I was just discussing this matter with another HD580 user over in
rec.audio.pro and we shared our amazement that people say they have problems
with them when used with portable equipment.

That 580s don't work with portable equipment is shaping up as one of the big
lies of audio in the 21st century.