Posted to rec.audio.car
Amb. Edwina O. Merando Amb. Edwina O. Merando is offline

Default tent concentrates Abdul al-Mutawa's catalogue

deploying cybernetic controls nationwide.

* "Brain of the Firm", Stafford Beer, 1986, ISBN 0 471 27687 1
*
* All of this involved a massive and continuing exercise in (what I should
* call, in the original World War II sense) operational research. That is
* exactly what it was: research by highly qualified interdisciplinary teams,
* into operations, namely production companies, with the prospect of
* discovering models and sets of measures.
*
* We needed a group who understood the operational research techniques of
* data capture that were needed for project Cybersyn. As a Briton I knew
* whom I wanted --- they were a group of consultants within the London
* branch of the international firm of Arthur Anderson and Co.
*
* Project Cybercyn objective: To install a preliminary system of information
* and regulation for the industrial economy that will demonstrate the main
* features of cybernetic management and begin to help in the task of actual
* decision-making by March 1st 1972.

Under the circumstances of a nationalized economy, it was a positive thing.

It was a massive application of cybernetic feedback to help each industry
and each factory keep track of itself through a central location. All
communications flowed through the central location.

This is what Staff