Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] thamilton13@triad.rr.com is offline

Default craig cd changer

i have a craig cd changer hooked up to my factory system it was
working for a while now its not. I checked the fuse and it was blown
so i replaced it and it keeps blowing them too. It came with the car
so i looked under the dash and seen they ran a wire to the fuse box
connected in the radio fuse together is this the problem can some one
help . can i run the wire straight to the battery and not to the fuse
fuse box. Please help thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma e-nigma is offline

wrote in message
ups.com...
i have a craig cd changer hooked up to my factory system it was
working for a while now its not. I checked the fuse and it was blown
so i replaced it and it keeps blowing them too. It came with the car
so i looked under the dash and seen they ran a wire to the fuse box
connected in the radio fuse together is this the problem can some one
help . can i run the wire straight to the battery and not to the fuse
fuse box. Please help thanks.

Could be 2 possible problems.
1) The power wire that the fuse is blowing on could be shorting out.
Check the wire for breaks or cuts. Look around where the wire is run. A
screw may have nicked the wire. Wire may be pinched by seat or body panel.
Try re-running the wire and test unit again.
2) The changer itself may have shorted internally. If this is the case, it
may not be worth repair.

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

On Mar 4, 7:22 am, wrote:
i have a craig cd changer hooked up to my factory system it was
working for a while now its not. I checked the fuse and it was blown
so i replaced it and it keeps blowing them too. It came with the car
so i looked under the dash and seen they ran a wire to the fuse box
connected in the radio fuse together is this the problem can some one
help . can i run the wire straight to the battery and not to the fuse
fuse box. Please help thanks.

e-nigma's advice is sound--find the problem *first* and *then* decide
if you want to run a wire to the battery. Yes, it *is* possible to run
such a wire to your battery, but that's not fixing the problem--it's
side-stepping it (rather like putting a Band-Aid on a gunshot wound).

-dan

" cOOl cOw " 2Barter.net Pro Audio 1 December 8th 06 03:07 AM
Sound quality - DVD changer v CD changer BobLeavitt General 8 September 4th 06 09:32 AM
Sound quality - DVD changer v CD changer BobLeavitt Tech 6 September 4th 06 09:32 AM
2000 Ford Taurus - problems adding Kenwood CD changer Paul Car Audio 4 August 19th 04 10:02 PM
Installing CD changer from '95 Jetta in '02 Passat John Fleming Car Audio 3 May 29th 04 02:32 AM