Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] eric.elwell@arilion.com is offline

Default MILLENNIA MEDIA HV-3B w/ 130V B&K OPTION

MILLENNIA MEDIA HV-3B w/ 130V B&K OPTION
ENDS TOMORROW, SUNDAY MARCH 4th!!
Currently at $999.00... AMAZING!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1396&rd=1&rd=1

Quotes (courtesy of http://www.mil-media.com/homepage.shtml):
"My jaws fell open when I first switched to the HV-3B. Its presence
and clarity were outstanding. A solo voice sounded extremely
immediate, and had an almost palpably "real" quality. The low end was
very tight, showed good extension and "slam," while the high end was
detailed in the extreme, without the least amount of harshness...I'll
be saving my pennies to replace my [current solid-state reference]."
Pro Audio Review Magazine, Feature Review, Dr. Fred Bashour Recording
Magazine (HV-3)

"Of all the instruments we tested, the Millennia Media HV-3B was the
hands down winner in the category of accuracy. On acoustic guitar, the
HV-3B lent a clear, uncolored, neutral, and detailed sound. Piano
sounded the most realistic to our ears through the HV-3B. Furthermore,
the ride cymbal was more transparent and detailed... "The Millennia
preamp would be our hands down first choice for recording a classical
ensemble straight to two-track. It was the most accurate (i.e., it
sounded the least colored) on acoustic guitar, vocal, and piano."
Recording Magazine, Feature Article, Blind listening test of nine
professional preamps.

"This is an outstanding mic preamp. I've never heard our mics sound
this clean on piano. We've been using our [52 channels of] Millennia
preamps on everything..."
Jack Renner, President, Telarc International

"Over a period of months, I used the HV-3 on all types of sessions,
ranging from stereo-miked chamber ensembles to multi-track pop
sessions. In all cases, the HV-3 provided an absolutely faithful
rendition of the microphone's sound, without imparting any coloration
of its own... An excellent value offering impeccable audio specs,
first-rate construction, and sonic transparency under any conditions.
The Millennia Media HV-3 is...for those who seek absolute purity in
reproduction."
MIX Magazine, Feature Review By George Petersen, Editor

"The Millennia HV-3B sounds best of the units evaluated. We found the
HV-3...to be transparent in the extreme. The security of such a large
dynamic range, excellent quality, etc. will be hard to beat...."
Studio Sound Magazine, U.K. Sam Wise Feature article comparing
"accurate" mic preamps

"The best-sounding piano recording I've ever done. The detail and
sense of immediacy was phenomenal. It was hard to believe that a set
of omni mics so far back from the piano could get such string detail,
while still sounding warm... the coolest, quietest vocal chain I've
ever hooked up in my studio. There was no end to the headroom."
EQ Magazine, October 1999, Mike Sokol

"For sonic accuracy, transparency, and realism (i.e. least amount of
coloration), the HV-3B leads the pack. This is the unit I'd choose for
live stereo recordings of jazz, classical, or any other style of music
for which sonic realism is desirable. The precisely stepped gain
controls make it a snap to match stereo levels, and the high headroom
allows for dynamic surprises...the last word in clean, accurate,
transparent audio."
Electronic Musician Magazine, 6/97 and 1/98 issues. Excellent in-depth
blind listening test on numerous mic preamps

"Just to let you know, the recording we did of the Penderecki Credo
won this year's Grammy for "Best Choral Recording". We used 16
channels of Millennia pre-amps on stage. THANKS FOR THE GREAT SOUND!!"
Don Harder, Chief Audio Engineer, Canadian Broadcasting Company (March
2001)