Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gianluca Gianluca is offline

Default Shure E3G?

Last year I have bought E2 earphones. Sound is good, better than all
other ones i've used in the past, but I'm not satisfied using the earphones
for monitoring in live recording or for mixing.
I'm thinking to buy E3G (game edition) earphones. "G" series is for
listening music, instead of monitoring for singers.

Does anyone have tried E2, E3, E3G? Do you think E3G is a good choice
for a detailed but warm, rich sound?

Gianluca

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Gianluca" wrote in message

Last year I have bought E2 earphones. Sound is good,
better than all other ones i've used in the past, but I'm
not satisfied using the earphones for monitoring in live
recording or for mixing. I'm thinking to buy E3G (game
edition) earphones. "G" series is for listening music,
instead of monitoring for singers.
Does anyone have tried E2, E3, E3G? Do you think E3G
is a good choice for a detailed but warm, rich sound?

I have both E2 and E3 Shures. Both are smooth, the E3 is more extended both
top and bottom.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Gianluca" wrote in message
Last year I have bought E2 earphones. Sound is good,
better than all other ones i've used in the past, but I'm
not satisfied using the earphones for monitoring in live
recording or for mixing. I'm thinking to buy E3G (game
edition) earphones. "G" series is for listening music,
instead of monitoring for singers.
Does anyone have tried E2, E3, E3G? Do you think E3G
is a good choice for a detailed but warm, rich sound?

I have both E2 and E3 Shures. Both are smooth, the E3 is more extended both
top and bottom.

The current Stereophile has a review of the E4, and in it the author
notes repeated failures of his E3s.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Gianluca" wrote in message
Last year I have bought E2 earphones. Sound is good,
better than all other ones i've used in the past, but
I'm not satisfied using the earphones for monitoring in
live recording or for mixing. I'm thinking to buy
E3G (game edition) earphones. "G" series is for
listening music, instead of monitoring for singers.
Does anyone have tried E2, E3, E3G? Do you think E3G
is a good choice for a detailed but warm, rich sound?

I have both E2 and E3 Shures. Both are smooth, the E3 is
more extended both top and bottom.

The current Stereophile has a review of the E4,

Now that is kinda strange, given that SP honored the E3 as the accessory of
the year in 2004. Does that mean that they give awards to equipment they
have not fully tested?

and in it the author notes repeated failures of his E3s.

Curious.

I've had my E3s for about 2 years and they still work.

The good news is that Shure stands behind its products.