Posted to rec.audio.opinion,comp.music.midi,alt.music.midi,rec.audio.tech,alt.audio.equipment
Radium Radium is offline

Default Revenge -- What I would like to do to sample-playback MIDI synths

notejam wrote in
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...b9272a8?hl=en&
:
I mean easy, in its more easy to design a sound card when there is a
synth chip you can use than when there is no chip to use -- nothing in
my post about moving the isa synth chip to a pci.

Ps, I do understand Radium likes what he had, and just wishes like
crazy they would upgrade it.
But reallity is he is just protesting and that upgrade most likely will
never happen, so thats why I just suggest he try some other synths,
both hardware and software, non sampled , even cheesy if he likes
cheesy, but I think to him the old sb did not sound cheesy, just needs
upgraded and would be great today..

Good luck Radium in your effort, but think your out of luck, and will
need to explore other solutions to your synth needs.

Okay so it seems like my favorite synth won't happen unless I punish
sample-playback MIDI synths.

Here is what I would like to do. I would like to make some replicable
electronic nanobots that will search for sample playback MIDI synths in
any part of the world and attach to the digital chips of
sample-playback MIDI synths. These nanobots should contain magnetic
receivers that will extract any random enviromental magnetic audio
signals 2 khz and 50 khz [excluding spikes, square-waves, white noise,
brown noise, pink noise and bass sounds]. The nanobots then amplify
those signals to the point where they would significantly interfere
with -- and cause inductive crosstalk in -- the audio signals in the
digital electronic chips of the sample-playback MIDI synths.

That way all companies will be forced to make *real* synths and the
listeners will be forced to adapt to the excellent audio quality of
*real* synths. For those who miss their stinky human kakaa foam of
sample-playback synths, well, f--k you!