KEF B110 SP1057 mid-bass....there a replacement driver?

Old December 22nd 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
water4life

Default KEF B110 SP1057 mid-bass....there a replacement driver?

I have a pair of KEF 101 Reference speakers ( T27 tweets and B110
mid-bass)
BUT one of the B110s is dead/

Is there a driver considered to be an adequate replacement?
I have not run across one iof there woofers in the last 3 months I've
been looking on ebay, rec.audio.marketplace or Audiogon.
Advice, PLEASE>

Should I sell the pair?

Any excellent woofers/corossovers that mate well with the T27s???
In other words, keep the pair but replace the crossovers and woofers?

I like the sound tof the T27/B110 combo and would prefer to keep it
that way but am open to other combos using the t27.
Thanks,
Luis

Old December 22nd 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
harrogate3

"water4life" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> I have a pair of KEF 101 Reference speakers ( T27 tweets and B110
> mid-bass)
> BUT one of the B110s is dead/
>
> Is there a driver considered to be an adequate replacement?
> I have not run across one iof there woofers in the last 3 months

I've
> been looking on ebay, rec.audio.marketplace or Audiogon.
> Advice, PLEASE>
>
> Should I sell the pair?
>
> Any excellent woofers/corossovers that mate well with the T27s???
> In other words, keep the pair but replace the crossovers and

woofers?

> I like the sound tof the T27/B110 combo and would prefer to keep it
> that way but am open to other combos using the t27.
> Thanks,
> Luis

Try contacting KEF themselves - they maintain parts for at least ten
years after last production, and if the problem is the coil that can
probably be easily repaired even without spares.

www.kef.com

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old December 22nd 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Kalman Rubinson

There was a Dalesford D110, I believe, which was compatible.

Kal

Old December 23rd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff

water4life wrote:
> I have a pair of KEF 101 Reference speakers ( T27 tweets and B110
> mid-bass)
> BUT one of the B110s is dead/
>
> Is there a driver considered to be an adequate replacement?
> I have not run across one iof there woofers in the last 3 months I've
> been looking on ebay, rec.audio.marketplace or Audiogon.
> Advice, PLEASE>
>
> Should I sell the pair?
>
> Any excellent woofers/corossovers that mate well with the T27s???
> In other words, keep the pair but replace the crossovers and woofers?
>
> I like the sound tof the T27/B110 combo and would prefer to keep it
> that way but am open to other combos using the t27.

Considering there are still current LS3-5a manufacturers, I find it hard to
imagine you wouldn't be able to find a B110 anywhere....

Old December 23rd 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff

Geoff wrote:
> water4life wrote:
>> I have a pair of KEF 101 Reference speakers ( T27 tweets and B110
>> mid-bass)
>> BUT one of the B110s is dead/
>>
>> Is there a driver considered to be an adequate replacement?
>> I have not run across one iof there woofers in the last 3 months I've
>> been looking on ebay, rec.audio.marketplace or Audiogon.
>> Advice, PLEASE>
>>
>> Should I sell the pair?
>>
>> Any excellent woofers/corossovers that mate well with the T27s???
>> In other words, keep the pair but replace the crossovers and woofers?
>>
>> I like the sound tof the T27/B110 combo and would prefer to keep it
>> that way but am open to other combos using the t27.
>>

> Considering there are still current LS3-5a manufacturers, I find it
> hard to imagine you wouldn't be able to find a B110 anywhere....

Try googling KEF B110 and LS3-5a singly and together. You'll find lots.

Old December 23rd 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Geoff

François Yves Le Gal wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 13:00:07 +1300, "Geoff" >
> wrote:
>
>> Considering there are still current LS3-5a manufacturers,

> The only company shipping in volume, Stirling Broadcast, uses
> different drivers sourced from Seas and ScanSpeak with, of course, a
> different crossover.

Hardly likely to meet the strigent criteria as BBC LS3-5as then !