A Audio and hi-fi forum. AudioBanter

Go Back   Home » AudioBanter forum » rec.audio » Car Audio
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 21st 06, 06:27 AM posted to rec.audio.car
kak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

I'm hooking up an amp and sub to my factory stereo. I bought a connector for
the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to. My owners
manual does not have a wiring diagram in it. I already have the amp and
speaker hooked up everywhere but the rca's.

Ads
  #2  
Old October 21st 06, 09:12 AM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

.. I bought a connector for
> the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to.


What kind of connector did you buy? Please elaborate and be specific. Most
products designed to integrate factory systems with aftermarket
amps/speakers will include instructions on how to connect the product to
your factory system (and then to your amp).

MOSFET


  #3  
Old October 21st 06, 10:21 AM posted to rec.audio.car
kak
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

It's a SVEN2 from peripheral electronics. It came with instructions to hook
it up to the positive and negative speaker wires (left front speaker and
right front speaker) and a ground wire. I'm just not sure how to tell which
wires leading into my head unit are the speaker wires and which is positive
or negative. There is only one wire on the SVEN2 that match the colors on
the back of the head unit (gray) . The SVEN2 has 5 total wires the optional
ground is black. then it has a white (left front pos.) white/black (left
front neg.) gray (right front pos.) gray/black (right front neg.) My
vehicle's owner manual does not show a wiring diagram.


MOSFET wrote:
>. I bought a connector for
>> the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to.

>
>What kind of connector did you buy? Please elaborate and be specific. Most
>products designed to integrate factory systems with aftermarket
>amps/speakers will include instructions on how to connect the product to
>your factory system (and then to your amp).
>
>MOSFET


  #4  
Old October 21st 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

OK, that information helped. Here's an idea you may want to consider. If
you are COMPLETELY stumped by looking at the back of the factory HU, you
could just use the speaker wires that plug directly into the rear speakers
themselves in the rear of your car (I don't know what kind of car you have,
so just for the sake of this example, let's say you have a sedan and I'm
talking about the speakers on the rear-deck). What you would do is split
the wires that go to the rear speakers (you would "Y" all four of the wires
that go to the two rear speakers) so that they are still connected (I don't
believe you need to disconnect the speakers), but you run this extra set of
speaker wires ("+" and "-" left AND "+" and "-" right) into your SVEN2.
Then you plug your sub-amp into the SVEN2 and away you go.

This way, you would KNOW FOR SURE that the SVEN2 is indeed connected to the
correct speaker wires. Also, you could use your fader control to control
the level of your subwoofer output (in a way).

Hope this helps, or maybe I've confused you more,

MOSFET


"kak" <u28134@uwe> wrote in message news:6816c8f910219@uwe...
> It's a SVEN2 from peripheral electronics. It came with instructions to

hook
> it up to the positive and negative speaker wires (left front speaker and
> right front speaker) and a ground wire. I'm just not sure how to tell

which
> wires leading into my head unit are the speaker wires and which is

positive
> or negative. There is only one wire on the SVEN2 that match the colors on
> the back of the head unit (gray) . The SVEN2 has 5 total wires the

optional
> ground is black. then it has a white (left front pos.) white/black (left
> front neg.) gray (right front pos.) gray/black (right front neg.) My
> vehicle's owner manual does not show a wiring diagram.
>
>
> MOSFET wrote:
> >. I bought a connector for
> >> the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to.

> >
> >What kind of connector did you buy? Please elaborate and be specific.

Most
> >products designed to integrate factory systems with aftermarket
> >amps/speakers will include instructions on how to connect the product to
> >your factory system (and then to your amp).
> >
> >MOSFET

>



  #5  
Old October 21st 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 129
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

Here is a wild guess "2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram" LOL

Here is a radio wiring diagram for a 2005, if the colors match up then it's
the same as 2006.

DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2005 / Audio

Radio 12v orange + radio harness
Radio Ground black/white - radio harness
Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)
Radio Illumination N/A
Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness
Power Antenna N/A
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Passlock II
Part #: 555LW
Alternate Part1 #: 555T
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 456G
Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
Interface Module: Category:
Combo Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 457GW



In article > , "MOSFET"
> wrote:
>OK, that information helped. Here's an idea you may want to consider. If
>you are COMPLETELY stumped by looking at the back of the factory HU, you
>could just use the speaker wires that plug directly into the rear speakers
>themselves in the rear of your car (I don't know what kind of car you have,
>so just for the sake of this example, let's say you have a sedan and I'm
>talking about the speakers on the rear-deck). What you would do is split
>the wires that go to the rear speakers (you would "Y" all four of the wires
>that go to the two rear speakers) so that they are still connected (I don't
>believe you need to disconnect the speakers), but you run this extra set of
>speaker wires ("+" and "-" left AND "+" and "-" right) into your SVEN2.
>Then you plug your sub-amp into the SVEN2 and away you go.
>
>This way, you would KNOW FOR SURE that the SVEN2 is indeed connected to the
>correct speaker wires. Also, you could use your fader control to control
>the level of your subwoofer output (in a way).
>
>Hope this helps, or maybe I've confused you more,
>
>MOSFET
>
>
>"kak" <u28134@uwe> wrote in message news:6816c8f910219@uwe...
>> It's a SVEN2 from peripheral electronics. It came with instructions to

>hook
>> it up to the positive and negative speaker wires (left front speaker and
>> right front speaker) and a ground wire. I'm just not sure how to tell

>which
>> wires leading into my head unit are the speaker wires and which is

>positive
>> or negative. There is only one wire on the SVEN2 that match the colors on
>> the back of the head unit (gray) . The SVEN2 has 5 total wires the

>optional
>> ground is black. then it has a white (left front pos.) white/black (left
>> front neg.) gray (right front pos.) gray/black (right front neg.) My
>> vehicle's owner manual does not show a wiring diagram.
>>
>>
>> MOSFET wrote:
>> >. I bought a connector for
>> >> the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to.
>> >
>> >What kind of connector did you buy? Please elaborate and be specific.

>Most
>> >products designed to integrate factory systems with aftermarket
>> >amps/speakers will include instructions on how to connect the product to
>> >your factory system (and then to your amp).
>> >
>> >MOSFET

>>

>
>

  #6  
Old October 21st 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

LOL

Oh yah, he says 2006 Silverado in the post.

I never noticed that, it was late when I wrote that.....

MOSFET

"Captain_Howdy" > wrote in message
...
> Here is a wild guess "2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram" LOL
>
> Here is a radio wiring diagram for a 2005, if the colors match up then

it's
> the same as 2006.
>
> DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2005 / Audio
>
> Radio 12v orange + radio harness
> Radio Ground black/white - radio harness
> Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)
> Radio Illumination N/A
> Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness
> Power Antenna N/A
> LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
> Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.
> RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
> LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
> RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness
> Interface Module: Category:
> Immobilizer Bypass Required:
> Yes Type:
> Passlock II
> Part #: 555LW
> Alternate Part1 #: 555T
> Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
> The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).
> Interface Module: Category:
> Door Lock Interface Required:
> Yes Type:
> Data Bus
> Part #: 456G
> Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
> Interface Module: Category:
> Combo Interface Required:
> Yes Type:
> Data Bus
> Part #: 457GW
>
>
>
> In article > , "MOSFET"
> > wrote:
> >OK, that information helped. Here's an idea you may want to consider.

If
> >you are COMPLETELY stumped by looking at the back of the factory HU, you
> >could just use the speaker wires that plug directly into the rear

speakers
> >themselves in the rear of your car (I don't know what kind of car you

have,
> >so just for the sake of this example, let's say you have a sedan and I'm
> >talking about the speakers on the rear-deck). What you would do is split
> >the wires that go to the rear speakers (you would "Y" all four of the

wires
> >that go to the two rear speakers) so that they are still connected (I

don't
> >believe you need to disconnect the speakers), but you run this extra set

of
> >speaker wires ("+" and "-" left AND "+" and "-" right) into your SVEN2.
> >Then you plug your sub-amp into the SVEN2 and away you go.
> >
> >This way, you would KNOW FOR SURE that the SVEN2 is indeed connected to

the
> >correct speaker wires. Also, you could use your fader control to control
> >the level of your subwoofer output (in a way).
> >
> >Hope this helps, or maybe I've confused you more,
> >
> >MOSFET
> >
> >
> >"kak" <u28134@uwe> wrote in message news:6816c8f910219@uwe...
> >> It's a SVEN2 from peripheral electronics. It came with instructions to

> >hook
> >> it up to the positive and negative speaker wires (left front speaker

and
> >> right front speaker) and a ground wire. I'm just not sure how to tell

> >which
> >> wires leading into my head unit are the speaker wires and which is

> >positive
> >> or negative. There is only one wire on the SVEN2 that match the colors

on
> >> the back of the head unit (gray) . The SVEN2 has 5 total wires the

> >optional
> >> ground is black. then it has a white (left front pos.) white/black

(left
> >> front neg.) gray (right front pos.) gray/black (right front neg.) My
> >> vehicle's owner manual does not show a wiring diagram.
> >>
> >>
> >> MOSFET wrote:
> >> >. I bought a connector for
> >> >> the rca cables but I don't know which wires to splice it to.
> >> >
> >> >What kind of connector did you buy? Please elaborate and be specific.

> >Most
> >> >products designed to integrate factory systems with aftermarket
> >> >amps/speakers will include instructions on how to connect the product

to
> >> >your factory system (and then to your amp).
> >> >
> >> >MOSFET
> >>

> >
> >



  #7  
Old November 1st 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.audio.car
kak via CarKB.com
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram

I have everything hooked up except for the remote wire for the amp. I have
it hooked to the orange wire but the amp does not turn off after the vehicle
is off. I tried it on the pink wire and that does not work either. When it
is connected to the pink wire the radio turns on and off and lights on the
dash light up that shouldn't be. Does anyone know how I am supposed to hook
that up?

Captain_Howdy wrote:
>Here is a wild guess "2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram" LOL
>
>Here is a radio wiring diagram for a 2005, if the colors match up then it's
>the same as 2006.
>
>DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / SILVERADO / 2005 / Audio
>
>Radio 12v orange + radio harness
>Radio Ground black/white - radio harness
>Radio Ignition (Class 2 Serial Data)
>Radio Illumination N/A
>Factory Amp Turn-on pink + radio harness
>Power Antenna N/A
>LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness
>Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console.
>RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness
>LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness
>RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness
>Interface Module: Category:
>Immobilizer Bypass Required:
>Yes Type:
>Passlock II
>Part #: 555LW
>Alternate Part1 #: 555T
>Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
>The Passlock II wire colors are yellow, black, and red/white (not used).
>Interface Module: Category:
>Door Lock Interface Required:
>Yes Type:
>Data Bus
>Part #: 456G
>Notes: Not required if using the combo interface module.
>Interface Module: Category:
>Combo Interface Required:
>Yes Type:
>Data Bus
>Part #: 457GW
>
>>OK, that information helped. Here's an idea you may want to consider. If
>>you are COMPLETELY stumped by looking at the back of the factory HU, you

>[quoted text clipped - 40 lines]
>>> >
>>> >MOSFET


--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/car-audio/200610/1

  #8  
Old November 1st 06, 01:01 PM posted to rec.audio.car
e-nigma
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 180
Default 2006 Silverado stock radio wiring diagram


"kak via CarKB.com" <u28134@uwe> wrote in message news:68a1b16ba3009@uwe...
>I have everything hooked up except for the remote wire for the amp. I have
> it hooked to the orange wire but the amp does not turn off after the
> vehicle
> is off. I tried it on the pink wire and that does not work either. When
> it
> is connected to the pink wire the radio turns on and off and lights on the
> dash light up that shouldn't be. Does anyone know how I am supposed to
> hook
> that up?
>


Your best bet it to hook the remote up to a toggle switch on this vehicle.
Or try and find the ignition wire in the ignition harness (should be a 10ga
brown wire)


  #9  
Old November 2nd 06, 09:57 PM
jimbo_limited jimbo_limited is offline
Member
 
First recorded activity by AudioBanter: Nov 2005
Posts: 42
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-nigma
"kak via CarKB.com" <u28134@uwe> wrote in message news:68a1b16ba3009@uwe...
>I have everything hooked up except for the remote wire for the amp. I have
> it hooked to the orange wire but the amp does not turn off after the
> vehicle
> is off. I tried it on the pink wire and that does not work either. When
> it
> is connected to the pink wire the radio turns on and off and lights on the
> dash light up that shouldn't be. Does anyone know how I am supposed to
> hook
> that up?
>


Your best bet it to hook the remote up to a toggle switch on this vehicle.
Or try and find the ignition wire in the ignition harness (should be a 10ga
brown wire)

Try finding a power source that turns on when the car is on. Most Domestics 12v powersupply for the cigerette lighter turns off when the vehical is off. If not, you'll have to add on your own switch thats directly from a 12v power wire to turn on/off the Amp.
  #10  
Old November 3rd 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 810
Default (Rockford Fosgate P3001BD) Wiring is confusing...

Rockford is very good about keeping all their old owner's manuals online.
Go to Rockford's site at:

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/rftech.asp

You should be able to find the owner's manual for that amp.

MOSFET

"jimbo_limited" > wrote in message
...
>
> I got this amplifier but i dont have the manual... Does ANYONE know how
> to wire this Amp on a 2 Ohm Load?? It has a A + - and a B + -
> Do you connect it to A + - or Bridged A+ to B-???
>
>
>
> Thnks
>
>
>
>
> --
> jimbo_limited



 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cdx-c5000x wiring diagram insomniacmasochist Car Audio 4 January 28th 05 12:45 PM
pioneer gm-123 wiring diagram frawly Car Audio 0 January 10th 05 04:21 AM
Stock Radio jschen Car Audio 3 December 5th 03 10:33 PM
91 and 93 Passat Radio Wiring Diagram RIShadetree Car Audio 0 November 7th 03 11:45 PM
Radio wiring - HELP!! BrownLF Car Audio 0 September 16th 03 06:21 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2014 AudioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.