Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Default Keyboard & Electronic Drum recording

Opinions for keyboard chain to DAW.
Opinions for electronic drum chain to DAW.

I was considering buying more mics and mic'ing loudspeakers with each
seperated instrument.

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

Opinions.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8 Oct 2006 07:47:15 -0700, "JD" wrote:

Opinions for keyboard chain to DAW.
Opinions for electronic drum chain to DAW.

I was considering buying more mics and mic'ing loudspeakers with each
seperated instrument.

To achieve what, exactly?

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

You'll see all manner of posts from gear-mad users :-)
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Agent 86 Agent 86 is offline

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 07:47:15 -0700, JD wrote:

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

Isn't "onboard reverb" essentially the opposite of "Ambience"?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Agent 86 wrote:
On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 07:47:15 -0700, JD wrote:

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

Isn't "onboard reverb" essentially the opposite of "Ambience"?

Yeah, really. Excellent point.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Federico Federico is offline

Isn't "onboard reverb" essentially the opposite of "Ambience"?

Maybe it's a style of music :-)
F.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Federico wrote:
Isn't "onboard reverb" essentially the opposite of "Ambience"?

Maybe it's a style of music :-)
F.]

It is. I guess it's a Brooklyn thing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Is there anyone here that has recorded synths and/or electronic drums
for a hard dance / rock sound with excellent results?

How did you do it?

I'm using a roland 2080 soundset and apogee rosetta conversion.

Simple questions looking for sincere replies. Not interested in a
therapy session.

JD wrote:
Opinions for keyboard chain to DAW.
Opinions for electronic drum chain to DAW.

I was considering buying more mics and mic'ing loudspeakers with each
seperated instrument.

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

Opinions.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Master rhetorician, you forgot a patronizing few steps. You're
obviously not trying to help, so why waste your energy, Chev-doh?

Have you got any chops to share .... or are you just a bitchy little
queen playing with your m-audio box and protools LE?

My god!

Simple question: how are you guys tracking these sources?

Jeez, the guys at mercenary audio can at least tell me to pick up mic
pre "A" with microphone "B" as a point of departure.

It's like pulling teeth to get a sensible answer here.

Fughetabowit then!! I'll call the guys at MA for a straight answer.

I'm out.

Chevdo wrote:
In article . com,
says...

Is there anyone here that has recorded synths and/or electronic drums
for a hard dance / rock sound with excellent results?

How did you do it?

I turned on the synths and drum machines, programmed them, then hit 'play'.
Then I hit 'record' on the DAW.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there anyone here that has recorded synths and/or electronic drums
for a hard dance / rock sound with excellent results?

How did you do it?

I'm using a roland 2080 soundset and apogee rosetta conversion.

Simple questions looking for sincere replies. Not interested in a
therapy session.

Try going direct either thru a good DI, or better yet, going into the line
ins of a good mic preamp. Record dry, then playback soloed keyboard tracks
thru loudspeakers, mic the room, and mix in a little of the ambient room mic
with the dry tracks. The old Bruce Swedien 'trick'...

Mikey
Nova Music Productions
This sig is haiku

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JD JD is offline

Nice. Thanks Michael. That's the second time that I've heard this. I'm
going to give it shot ... next weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow ....

Michael Wozniak wrote:
"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...
Is there anyone here that has recorded synths and/or electronic drums
for a hard dance / rock sound with excellent results?

How did you do it?

I'm using a roland 2080 soundset and apogee rosetta conversion.

Simple questions looking for sincere replies. Not interested in a
therapy session.

Try going direct either thru a good DI, or better yet, going into the line
ins of a good mic preamp. Record dry, then playback soloed keyboard tracks
thru loudspeakers, mic the room, and mix in a little of the ambient room mic
with the dry tracks. The old Bruce Swedien 'trick'...

Mikey
Nova Music Productions
This sig is haiku

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

JD wrote:
Opinions for keyboard chain to DAW.

Try a DI and see how it sounds.

Opinions for electronic drum chain to DAW.

Don't do that. Use real drums in a big room. If you have to use the electronic drums, try
putting a speaker system in a big room and effectively making a chamber reverb. At the very
least, PLEASE do the cymbals with real instruments.

I was considering buying more mics and mic'ing loudspeakers with each
seperated instrument.

I saw many posts with DI, eq and compressor with at least one being
tube, while using onboard reverbs for ambience.

If you record it properly, you won't need much processing.