DC

Default oh newbie! how's panasonic?

So I've done a bit of research, and understand the basics of
surround sound systems. Or at least I think I do. I am but a
foolish newbie, after all (!).

But, I have much faith in Panasonic for a lot of my
electrical goods, certainly over Sony. While I know these
companies aren't straight up Audiophile companies, they're
big, they're trusted, and they should do the job.

I want a 5.1ch for my bedroom. DVDs, Video Games and the
occassional CD - tastes vary but not rock or extremely
bassey.

Can I trust Panasonic? I want the convenience of pretty much
getting everything together, while I am aware that isn't the
best option. But I figure Pana are going to be better for
that than, say, 'Voxson'.

Also, I hail from Australia, so it has to be a company that
is at least as international as Australia.

So, any help?

Much appreciated.

DC.

Wylie Williams

As a USA consumer I have always found Panasonic to sell a very reliable
product that is a worthy entry at its price point, which is to say athat you
get all the performance you can expect for the price you pay, and above
average reliability/longevity. In the USA it is a brand to trust, but as a
last thought I recall that Sony sells different (better) product in the USA
than it does in Japan (my son got a small Sony system in Tokyo that was just
plain shoddy), so maybe you should rely on input from Australian consumers.

Wylie Williams

"DC" wrote in message
[...]

DC

Wylie Williams wrote in message
link.net..
..
As a USA consumer I have always found Panasonic to sell a

very reliable
product that is a worthy entry at its price point, which

is to say athat you
get all the performance you can expect for the price you

pay, and above
average reliability/longevity. In the USA it is a brand

to trust, but as a
last thought I recall that Sony sells different (better)

product in the USA
than it does in Japan (my son got a small Sony system in

Tokyo that was just
plain shoddy), so maybe you should rely on input from

Australian consumers.

Wylie Williams

"DC" wrote in message

snip

I want a 5.1ch for my bedroom. DVDs, Video Games and the
occassional CD - tastes vary but not rock or extremely
bassey.

Can I trust Panasonic? I want the convenience of pretty

much
getting everything together, while I am aware that isn't

the
best option. But I figure Pana are going to be better

for
that than, say, 'Voxson'.

Also, I hail from Australia, so it has to be a company

that
is at least as international as Australia.

So, any help?

Much appreciated.

DC.

Yeah, thanks for that.

Well, I used to trust Sony, mostly with our portable cd
players...but they never seem to last at all. But, since I
switched to Panasonic for just about everything, they're
more robust, they last longer, and they look prettier.
They're also cheaper (I think because you're paying extra
because it's a Sony) but with usually more functionality.

Thanks for that.