Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Default The People's Republic of Portland -- Hot Rod Heaven

Chris Hornbeck wrote:

I'm off to the People's Republic of Portland this week

Portland truly still is a People's Republic, at least if you believe
that the hot rod is a blue-collar art form rather than a
turned-from-the-solid-gold-billet millionaire's trailered showpiece.

For Portland is home to Sallee Chevrolet, where they have never heard
of little Japanese cars that do a 100mprb (miles per rubber band),
where they build Chevy small blocks with double or quad carbs on
request, where cubic inches still count.

And, in typical xenophobic bluecollar style, Sallee will no longer
deliver to overseas customers...

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

For Portland is home to Sallee Chevrolet, where they have never heard
of little Japanese cars that do a 100mprb (miles per rubber band),
where they build Chevy small blocks with double or quad carbs on
request, where cubic inches still count.

And, in typical xenophobic bluecollar style, Sallee will no longer
deliver to overseas customers...

Mr. McCoy: you are a true idiot.

Off by 245 miles (392km) by road. Sallee (now Gilbert) is in
Milton-Freewater, OR. At least you are in the same state. Oregon is a
single state (of 50) that includes 98,386 square miles, exceeding the
entire Irish Island in size by some 65,842 square miles (84,288 sq.km.
for Ireland, 254,817 sq.km. for Oregon). You would be able (assuming
you own or may rent an operating vehicle and can afford the gasoline)
to drive further north/south in Ireland than your error, but not
east-west. Oregon is the 9th largest US state.

They are perfectly happy to ship parts and take orders from
third-parties for re-shipment anywhere. It has to do with getting paid
and managing expectations, nothing to do with xenophobia. But that
would not fit your provincial world-view.

But, as always, Mr. McCoy knows all, sees all, and better than we.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Andre Jute wrote:
Chris Hornbeck wrote:

I'm off to the People's Republic of Portland this week

Portland truly still is a People's Republic, at least if you believe
that the hot rod is a blue-collar art form rather than a
turned-from-the-solid-gold-billet millionaire's trailered showpiece.

For Portland is home to Sallee Chevrolet, where they have never heard
of little Japanese cars that do a 100mprb (miles per rubber band),
where they build Chevy small blocks with double or quad carbs on
request, where cubic inches still count.

And, in typical xenophobic bluecollar style, Sallee will no longer
deliver to overseas customers...

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Hokkai, now that the usual me-too nobodies, the witless janitors and
shoe salesmen and Atlanta rentasses, have demonstrated their lack of
imagination and subtlely by immediately looking westwards all the way
to Oregon, it is time to reveal that I have no intention of going any
further west than Portland, Maine...

Andre Jute
Dib, dib. -- Baden-Powell

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

to Oregon, it is time to reveal that I have no intention of going any
further west than Portland, Maine...

Andrew Jute McCoy
Dib, dib. -- Baden-Powell

Yeah... that's where they turned around Yusuf Islam, as I remember. And
he is actually worth something. Nor does he pontificate in ignorance.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA