Posted to rec.audio.car
anToNIcHeN

Default Component Speaker - Which is a better quality?

Hi All,
I am planning to buy a component speakers for my front channel.

These are the models that were short listed by the dealer .
1. Infinity Kappa50.7CS - 85 Watts RMS
2. Audiobahn ABC525V - 120 Watts RMS

I looked up the net for prices from various sources (Just to double
check the prices quoted by the dealer. Dealer also suggested that Kappa
is better than AudioBahn.).
Kappa costs almost the double that of Audiobahn.

So my question--. Is Audiobahn RMS ratings are overrated?. What should
I look for when I am buying a component speakers?.

Regards,
Antony

Posted to rec.audio.car

anToNIcHeN wrote:
Hi All,
I am planning to buy a component speakers for my front channel.

These are the models that were short listed by the dealer .
1. Infinity Kappa50.7CS - 85 Watts RMS
2. Audiobahn ABC525V - 120 Watts RMS

I looked up the net for prices from various sources (Just to double
check the prices quoted by the dealer. Dealer also suggested that Kappa
is better than AudioBahn.).
Kappa costs almost the double that of Audiobahn.

So my question--. Is Audiobahn RMS ratings are overrated?. What should
I look for when I am buying a component speakers?.

Regards,
Antony

Have you listended to these? The Kappas are harsh IMO and I don't like
anything Audiobahn.

Posted to rec.audio.car
FaxMeBeer

If you're interested, I can get you the Audiobahn ABC525T 5.25" 240W
component set for $79.19, or the ABC5002Q 320W set for $158.39.

Don Carroll,
www.piousaudio.com

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

Your front speakers will be the most important element of your system.
They, more than any other component, will determine how good your system
will sound.

You should listen to a variety of component sets from a variety of
manufacturers with YOUR TYPE OF MUSIC and determine what sounds best TO YOU.
Unlike amplifiers and head-units, sound varies greatly from one component
set to the next. What sounds good to one person may not sound good to
another. Also, the type of music you plan to play will also help determine
your best choice.

Frankly, I would not limit myself to Audiobahn and Infinity. I would try to
listen to as many different component sets as possible. But, I would say
that I have been impressed with the SQ of Infinity Kappa separates when I
have heard them. I have never heard the Audiobahns.

MOSFET

"anToNIcHeN" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,
I am planning to buy a component speakers for my front channel.

These are the models that were short listed by the dealer .
1. Infinity Kappa50.7CS - 85 Watts RMS
2. Audiobahn ABC525V - 120 Watts RMS

I looked up the net for prices from various sources (Just to double
check the prices quoted by the dealer. Dealer also suggested that Kappa
is better than AudioBahn.).
Kappa costs almost the double that of Audiobahn.

So my question--. Is Audiobahn RMS ratings are overrated?. What should
I look for when I am buying a component speakers?.

Regards,
Antony

Posted to rec.audio.car

I too am not an audiobahn fan (at all). I like the infinity's because
the highs are very clear for the price, but they can be harsh too. It
all depends on the music you listen to. Also the reason that the
infinity's are more expensive is that they are worth it ( : ) )

If it were me ... Infinity's hands down.

But I think that listening to everything in your price range is a great
peice of advise.