Posted to rec.audio.car

Default How much space between mounted speaker and door panel?

I have purchased replacement speakers for the front doors of my 2000
Honda Accord LX. However the speakers are not "shallow" enough adn
do not fit in the factory "basket". I have read previous posts and
I do not want to modify the original configuration. I was interested
in purchasing some spacers for the mount. However, how much space is
there to work with? 1", ¾", ½"? I would rather know how much
space there is to work with before buying some only to find out they
are too thin/thick. Too thin, same problem, too much the speaker will
push into door panel risking quality of sound and speaker condition.
If anyone knows how thick a spacer I can use to mount the speakers
without having to fab an MDF adapter/spacer, I would love some help...

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

You are going to have a very difficult time with the accord 6th
generation door panels as only the slimmest of speakers will fit in the
front location.