Default Need Suggestion of Radio/Audio Mounting Kit for 1996 PathFinder

I would like to get some info about replacing the stock radio/CD-player
in my 1996 PathFinder with a new one.

I want to get one that has a hole for audio-line-in. Then I can
directly connect an MP3 player to the car stereo system. Unfortunately,
the one that I found in Circuit City / BestBuy that has this capability
are quite expensive. I saw a $99 model that has this capability in
Target (audio line-in and a USB port). The price is right. But the
mounting kit that Target is selling doesn't support 1996 PathFinder.
This means: (1) If I go places like Circuit City and BestBuy that help
people installing car radio, I will have to buy a very expensive car
radio. (2) If I go place like Target that sells inexpensive car radio,
I will have to find a way to mount it myself. And this leads to these
questions:

My questions a

- Does a car radio from one company require a specific mounting kit
just for that car radio? Can I simply order a mounting kit that is
specific for 1996 PathFinder and expect it to work with an average car
radio?

- Is mounting car radio a relatively easy task as long as I follow
instruction?

- Can you suggest a mounting kit for 1996 PathFinder that is good and
comes with clear instruction?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.

Jay Chan

joe.ker

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Buy the mounting kit from Circuit city and the head unit you want from
target

Buy the mounting kit from Circuit city and the head unit
you want from target

Thanks for the good news. I assume this means a mounting kit for a 1996
PathFinder from one store will work with a car radio from a different
store. This sounds perfect to me.

Jay Chan