Oozy

Default Center speaker placement question

Due to the size of my room, I have no choice but to put my TV more toward
the corner of the room.

My 2 main speakers are on both side walls. Meaning the TV is closer to the
left speaker than the right (as I said, this is unavoidable).

My center speaker will be sitting on top of the TV. My question:

Should I put the center speaker directly in the middle of the TV? OR should
I put it directly between the 2 front speakers?

Thanks.

Kalman Rubinson

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:38:23 GMT, "Oozy" wrote:

Due to the size of my room, I have no choice but to put my TV more toward
the corner of the room.

My 2 main speakers are on both side walls. Meaning the TV is closer to the
left speaker than the right (as I said, this is unavoidable).

My center speaker will be sitting on top of the TV. My question:

Should I put the center speaker directly in the middle of the TV? OR should
I put it directly between the 2 front speakers?

You should put it in the middle of the TV since its purpose is to
direct voices from the monitor. You can fix the L/R imbalance with
the level/timing controls on the receiver.

Kal

Bret Ludwig

Kalman Rubinson wrote:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 16:38:23 GMT, "Oozy" wrote:

Due to the size of my room, I have no choice but to put my TV more toward
the corner of the room.

My 2 main speakers are on both side walls. Meaning the TV is closer to the
left speaker than the right (as I said, this is unavoidable).

My center speaker will be sitting on top of the TV. My question:

Should I put the center speaker directly in the middle of the TV? OR should
I put it directly between the 2 front speakers?

You should put it in the middle of the TV since its purpose is to
direct voices from the monitor. You can fix the L/R imbalance with
the level/timing controls on the receiver.

Paul Klipsch had a number of interesting observations on center
speakers, which are somewhat still valid IMO.

Kalman Rubinson

On 19 Sep 2005 16:38:03 -0700, "Bret Ludwig"
wrote:
Paul Klipsch had a number of interesting observations on center
speakers, which are somewhat still valid IMO.

True but how are they relevant to this specific situation?

Kal