trotsky

Default I'm not the only one.

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

MiNE 109

In article , trotsky
wrote:

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

He's nuts, based on the bits about Stereophile: Kroogeresque
hair-splitting about plurals, "strategies" vs "conspiracies", ascribing
motives into the absence of response, etc.

Stephen
trotsky

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

What song was that from?

The title song from the "Future Games" album. The Buckingham/Nicks go
round for Mick and John is so insanely popular it overshadows how good
Bob Welch's writing was when he was in the band.

dave weil

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:05:48 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

What song was that from?

The title song from the "Future Games" album. The Buckingham/Nicks go
round for Mick and John is so insanely popular it overshadows how good
Bob Welch's writing was when he was in the band.

It's also from Imagine.
trotsky

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

What song was that from?

The title song from the "Future Games" album. The Buckingham/Nicks go
round for Mick and John is so insanely popular it overshadows how good
Bob Welch's writing was when he was in the band.

It's also from Imagine.

I assume you mean the John Lennon song. That's true, but in "Future
Games" it's kind of a running theme throughout the song, as opposed to a
single lyric. Both are outstanding songs, of course.

Lionel Chapuis

Sockpuppet Yustabe a écrit :

"trotsky" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

What song was that from?

The title song from the "Future Games" album. The Buckingham/Nicks go
round for Mick and John is so insanely popular it overshadows how good
Bob Welch's writing was when he was in the band.

I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, from the blues band, through the
Spencer/Kirwan transition
to the Welch band. The Welch era also saw the emergence of Christine McVie
as a songwriter.
After two Buckingham/Nicks FM albums, I got bored.

I remember that the first B/N FM album was out about 6 months before it
caught on fire.

BTW, in my book Peter Green is the #1 all time guitar player,
and a great writer, and a very plaintive and feeling singer.
I saw him a few years ago as he reemerged. He is back among the
living.

Great albums, Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin and Mystery to Me.

Fleetwood Mac died the day Peter Green left.

trotsky

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Sockpuppet Yustabe wrote:

"trotsky" wrote in message

http://www.high-endaudio.com/reviewers.html

P.S. Thanks to the Bob Welch incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for the
lyrical suggestion of the subject line.

What song was that from?

The title song from the "Future Games" album. The Buckingham/Nicks go
round for Mick and John is so insanely popular it overshadows how good
Bob Welch's writing was when he was in the band.

I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan, from the blues band, through the
Spencer/Kirwan transition
to the Welch band. The Welch era also saw the emergence of Christine McVie
as a songwriter.

Remember the old days, before she married John McVie, when she was
Christine Perfect? I believe she might've even released a solo album
under her maiden name, but if she did that's another hole in my collection.

After two Buckingham/Nicks FM albums, I got bored.

"Rumours" is a great album in the same way that "Thriller" is a great
album, but you can only hear the same songs over and over so many times.
I think "Tusk" really has their best work, anyway.

I remember that the first B/N FM album was out about 6 months before it
caught on fire.

And, as the hit parade would have it, the best songs, "World Turning"
and "I'm So Afraid" practically get lost in the shuffle.

BTW, in my book Peter Green is the #1 all time guitar player,
and a great writer, and a very plaintive and feeling singer.
I saw him a few years ago as he reemerged. He is back among the
living.

Genius is probably overused to the point of being useless, but Peter
Green definitely was one. In fact, I think he has more claim to the
initials "PG" than Peter Gabriel, but I'm sure that's a matter of opinion.

Great albums, Future Games, Bare Trees, Penguin and Mystery to Me.

Agreed. And although it doesn't have any of the "famous" guitarists,
"Kiln House" is effing brilliant.

trotsky

Lionel Chapuis wrote:

Fleetwood Mac died the day Peter Green left.

When did France die?

Lionel

trotsky a écrit :

Lionel Chapuis wrote:

Fleetwood Mac died the day Peter Green left.

When did France die?

*?*
You just look like a "Subterfuge" Greg, nothing but a "Subterfuge" !
You should change your nickname I'm sure you don't know anything about
Him...