Bob Morein

Default Integration to existing stereo

"Al" wrote in message
Hello,

I am in the process of adding a pair of two-ways monitors (80w-8 ohms), a
center channel and a three channel amp/processor like Adcom gsa-700 or a
Yamaha dspe800 (if I find one in US), to my existing 200w stereo amplifier
and adcom gfp-750 preamp that already drive a pair of floorstanding
speakers(4 ohms).
I'm concerned for the disparity in power between the stereo
amp+floorstanding and the three channel amp/processor+monitors.
It going to work out or am I making a mistake here?

I would appreciate your suggestion.
Thank you

I don't believe there will be any problem.
Obviously there will be a gain mismatch, but that is common, and the preamp
controls will take care of it.