James Kidwell

Default Avalon Is The Best

They repaired my unit and shipped it back for nothing.
(It's not under warranty by a long shot)..Kew-L. JK
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"James Kidwell" wrote in message ...
They repaired my unit and shipped it back for nothing.
(It's not under warranty by a long shot)..Kew-L. JK

Aren't you the same cat who couldn't reach them ??

;-)

DM

news

Jese,

Didn't do that for me! Had to pay shipping from Ireland to England and back
again (a lot!) plus 300 Euro for repair that turned out to be a change of
valves. Something my local technician didn't seem to be able to get right
(apparently theres a 75% failure rate of valves for Avalon 737)

Still, now it sounds great so I'm happy

Martin

"James Kidwell" wrote in message
They repaired my unit and shipped it back for nothing.
(It's not under warranty by a long shot)..Kew-L. JK

James Kidwell

David Morgan (MAMS) wrote:
"James Kidwell" wrote in message ...

They repaired my unit and shipped it back for nothing.
(It's not under warranty by a long shot)..Kew-L. JK

Aren't you the same cat who couldn't reach them ??

;-)

DM

Err,uh,homona,homona... Yes.
I still never talked to them after the initial conversation.
The tech kind of freaked me out when I talked to him.
I asked him if he could do that compressor mod which seems to be common
knowledge and he had never heard of it.He said he couldn't imagine
any mod that would speed up the compressor..
I have another 737sp that is in good working order and I would have
liked to had both them with that mod.
One of the reasons I wanted to talk to the tech there was to point him
to the info on the net. JK
Mike Rivers

From: James Kidwell

The tech kind of freaked me out when I talked to him.
I asked him if he could do that compressor mod which seems to be common
knowledge and he had never heard of it.He said he couldn't imagine
any mod that would speed up the compressor..

If this is a modification that's done by Avalon, then he should have
known about it. If it's one of those things that someone discovered
and posted on a forum or newsgroup, it could become "common knowledge"
without Avalon sanctioning it.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )

James Kidwell

From: James Kidwell

The tech kind of freaked me out when I talked to him.
I asked him if he could do that compressor mod which seems to be common
knowledge and he had never heard of it.He said he couldn't imagine
any mod that would speed up the compressor..

If this is a modification that's done by Avalon, then he should have
known about it. If it's one of those things that someone discovered
and posted on a forum or newsgroup, it could become "common knowledge"
without Avalon sanctioning it.

Guys here said they had it done there,cheaply and quickly.
He said,"Maybe they did it at the old place"...JK

Mackie VLZ vs Avalon 737 SP vs B.L.U.E Robbie Preamp vs Presonus Eureka?? www.HassanAnsari.com Pro Audio 24 November 11th 04 12:30 AM
A+ for Avalon Danny Pro Audio 20 September 24th 04 08:15 AM
A+ for Avalon Danny Pro Audio 0 September 22nd 04 05:59 PM
History Avalon design -- Avalon rack stereobeatz Pro Audio 1 April 2nd 04 10:49 AM
avalon 737 vs. M5 badperson Pro Audio 2 October 18th 03 06:00 PM