New London 901A Tube Tester

Old June 25th 05, 05:16 PM
Jimmie Stewart

Default New London 901A Tube Tester

I bought a New London 901A Tube Tester on Ebay last week. It comes with the
Installation & Operation Manual 18 Pages, Replaceable Parts List 13 Pages, 3
Pages of Wiring Schematics & the Pamphlets from when it was New. It has No
Tube set up chart with it. So if someone has copies of other Data for this
tester I be willing to trade copies of above.

Jimmie

Old June 25th 05, 09:34 PM
Doug Bannard

Jimmie Stewart wrote:

> I bought a New London 901A Tube Tester on Ebay last week. It comes with the
> Installation & Operation Manual 18 Pages, Replaceable Parts List 13 Pages, 3
> Pages of Wiring Schematics & the Pamphlets from when it was New. It has No
> Tube set up chart with it. So if someone has copies of other Data for this
> tester I be willing to trade copies of above.
>
> Jimmie

Jimmie:

That's a wonderful machine that you have there. I have owned one of
these for over 15 years now. There is no tube set up cahrt for these.
You set it up from the data in the tube manual (GE, RCA etc). It is one
of the very few tube testers that will test tubes under actual circuit
conditions. It is really a lab/design instrument.

1) Look up the tube that you wish to test in the tube manual.

2) Using the push button switches, assign "plate", "screen" etc etc to
the correct pin of the tube that you wish to test. For example, if the
cathode of the tube that you want to test is on pin 8, then push the
"cathode" (yellow) button for pin #8.

3) Set the filament voltage, plate, screen, and control grid voltages as
per the tube manual.

The rest should be self-explanatory since you have the manual.

Best regards : Doug Bannard