Support from the Linux community??? Is this some kind of a JOKE????

Old June 10th 05, 01:08 AM
Connie Hines

Default Support from the Linux community??? Is this some kind of a JOKE????

I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community
supported (ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet
just looking around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out
of me.

These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
shoulders.
I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I
was met with what could be called the great wall of china.

First they called me an idiot.
Second they told me not to use Linux XXX but Linux YYY and that my
hardware was not up to the task and that I screwed up the install and
so forth.
It was horrible.

So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating
system and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a collection
of self righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't stink and
mine does?
Just for reference, my **** stinks......
Connie.

Old June 10th 05, 01:18 AM
Liam Slider

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

<snip>

> First they called me an idiot.

Actually, first we called you Flatfish.

That's because you...

A) are crossposting with rec.audio.pro

B) are posting from Google

C) have a yahoo email address

D) are using a Korean proxy server....again.

So Flatfish....when are you going to get around to explaining your claim
about the Totem media player? You know, the one about it crashing while it
burns coasters?
Old June 10th 05, 01:22 AM
Ralph

Connie Hines wrote:

> I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I
> was met with what could be called the great wall of china.

Odd, I did a search on your ID and found no prior posting history for you.
Old June 10th 05, 01:50 AM
flatfish+++

on Fri June 10 01:08 am Connie flatfish Hines wrote:

> I keep hea ..

<snip>

Running out of aliases again flattie. Would any of these help

Bruce Clacker BrownMullet
Rabbi Levi ben LupKock
Dick Van Santorum
Randy FudgePacker
Senior Alfombra DeLimpieza CarpetMuncher
Shelia Hairburger Laycock
Senora TuppenceLicker DelaManta
Heir Spelunker MuffDiver KlapFlap
Sir Percy MuffinBuster Longfellow
Professor AardVark Aztec Two-Step
Dr. Beaver DuckButter Jizz-Worthy
Honourable Obasan Nose-Bleeder Poontang-San ١[]ެ졽[Ϫʪ]ܪ

------
English as a Second F*cking Language

Old June 10th 05, 01:51 AM
Tim Smith

In article .com>,
"Connie Hines" > wrote:
> These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
> shoulders. I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour
> mailing list and I was met with what could be called the great wall
> of china.

What is your connection with the Daejon Metropolitan Office of Education
in Korea?

Maybe you'd get a better reception on mailing lists if you weren't
stealing network resources from open relays.

--
--Tim Smith
Old June 10th 05, 02:23 AM
Jim

Connie Hines wrote:
<snip drivel>
> Just for reference, my **** stinks......

TMI, Flatty.

--
Cheers,

Jim

-begin sig-
Opinions expressed in this message may or may not be representative of
the opinions of its author. You decide.
Linux is not /user-friendly/. It *is* user-friendly. It is not
ignorant-friendly, nor is it idiot-friendly.

Web: http://www.dotware.co.uk
http://www.dotware-entertainment.co.uk

This is a battle of wits, and it is clear you are unarmed.

-end sig-
Old June 10th 05, 02:47 AM
Jim

Liam Slider wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>First they called me an idiot.

> Actually, first we called you Flatfish.
>
> That's because you...
>
> A) are crossposting with rec.audio.pro
>
> B) are posting from Google
>
> C) have a yahoo email address
>
> D) are using a Korean proxy server....again.
>

> So Flatfish....when are you going to get around to explaining your claim
> about the Totem media player? You know, the one about it crashing while it
> burns coasters?

lmao! I'd forgotten about that!

Old June 10th 05, 04:10 AM
Connie Hines

And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.
This is EXACTLY the same kind of nasty treatment I have received on the
mailing lists for more than one Linux program.
Is any proof offered by these idiots?
They use this Flatfish thing like some kind of a trump card when they
can't handle the truth and in effect they act like a lynch mob ganging
up on the poster.
So where is even a shred of proof of their claims?
They have none, as usual.
I posted this to several Linux groups, that the current Linux vs mac vs
windows audio debate has been posted to.
The mailing lists were Ardour and Alsa which are both Linux audio
programs. So tell me, are the Linux people so afraid that the truth be
known that they are a crazy bunch of lunatics?

Trying to exaplain virtually ANYTHING to these fanatics is like trying
to convert Moonies to Catholicism.

I'm sorry but these fools have made their beds, proven their lunacy
time and time again and now that a small handful of people are actually
trying Linux, the chickens are coming home to roost and if they don't
like it tough.
Maybe they should either grow up, or stop attempting to advocate Linux
because they don't seem to be too good at either cause.
Connie

Connie Hines =EC=9E=91=EC=84=B1:

Old June 10th 05, 04:31 AM
Ralph

Connie Hines wrote:

> And there you have it ladies and gentlemen.

And there you have it, someone comes in and lies about their experience
then complains about getting caught.
Old June 10th 05, 04:33 AM
Rick

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:08:58 -0700, Connie Hines wrote:

> I keep hearing about how great Linux is and how it is community supported
> (ie:help files are few and far between) and so forth but yet just looking
> around the various Linux USENET groups scares the hell out of me.
>
> These Linux people seem to really have a chip on their collective
> shoulders.
> I asked a simple question about Ardour in an Ardour mailing list and I was
> met with what could be called the great wall of china.
>
> First they called me an idiot.
> Second they told me not to use Linux XXX but Linux YYY and that my
> hardware was not up to the task and that I screwed up the install and so
> forth.
> It was horrible.

> So tell me, why the hell on earth would I want to use an operating system
> and ancillary programs that are mainly supported by a collection of self
> righteous fools who think that their **** doesn't stink and mine does?
> Just for reference, my **** stinks...... Connie.

I don't know ... I wouldn't want to use windows either.

--
Rick
<http://ricks-place.tripod.com/sound/2cents.wav>