Mike Rivers

Default Dogbert's Tech Support

I used to think Dilbert was about where I worked. Now I think it's
about Dell.

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilber...5052441528.gif

or

http://tinyurl.com/anh9t

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Ethan Winer

More Dogbert tech support:

http://www.ethanwiner.com/Support.jpg

And an extra tech-oriented Dilbert for good measu

http://www.ethanwiner.com/Dilbert1.jpg

Mike Rivers

In article "Ethan Winer" ethanw at ethanwiner dot com writes:

More Dogbert tech support:
http://www.ethanwiner.com/Support.jpg

After a couple of times calling Dell tech support and being asked (by
the automated telephone system) for the service tag number, which is
on the bottom of the laptop case (which is on a shelf, connected to a
monitor, keyboard, network, scanner, and amplifier) I remembered to
write it inside the front of the manual.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
Ethan Winer

Mike,

After a couple of times calling Dell tech support and being asked (by the

automated telephone system) for the service tag number

Yeah, it's a nuisance, but probably not unreasonable. I agree they could put
it in a more convenient place.

I have several Dells, and I've set up many for my friends, so I keep the
numbers for all of them in a single text file I can call up easily any time.
Even if my main computer were to die, all my data is backed up on the server
in my basement so I can still get it quickly.

--Ethan