Karl Winkler

Default New from Lectrosonics!

LECTROSONICS INTRODUCES THE BATTERY BANSHEE(tm) LOW BATTERY WARNING
SYSTEM

RIO RANCHO, NEW MEXICO: Well-known wireless microphone manufacturer
Lectrosonics introduces the Battery Banshee(tm) (patent pending)
audible low-battery alert feature for their wireless receivers. The
Banshee(tm) works by injecting a full-scale warning tone right into the
program audio so users no longer need to keep a tiresome close watch on
their battery status indicators. Both performers and sound system
operators can instantly be aware of impending battery problems before
audio quality is affected.

Four different low-battery warning tone types are selectable via the
receivers' front panel controls: Whistle (with police, dog, or ship
call variants), Siren (with European, American and air raid styles),
Fog Horn, and Bugle ("reveille" "charge" - great for users of
rechargeable batteries - and of course "taps").

John Smith, a beta tester for this new feature, comments: "This new
feature means that I don't have to stay alert during shows any more.
Now I just doze off until the warning blasts through the PA and I know
it's time to change a battery! You wouldn't believe how much money I've
saved on batteries since I started using the Banshee(tm)."

All Lectrosonics wireless receivers shipped on April 1, 2005 will have
the Banshee(tm) installed and set to "on" as default. Firmware upgrades
for existing receivers are available via download from the Lectrosonics
website.

http://www.lectrosonics.com

Scott Dorsey

Karl Winkler wrote:
LECTROSONICS INTRODUCES THE BATTERY BANSHEE(tm) LOW BATTERY WARNING
SYSTEM

How long will it take for avant-garde classical composers to incorporate
the sound of wireless packs with dying batteries in their pieces? I can
just imagine it.... The Xenakos Suite For Orchestra And Six Lectro Packs.