Tully

Default anybody have Sony MEX-1HD?

Just wondering your thoughts...

TumblingBiscuit

"Tully" wrote in message news:00ruc.26097$Ly.10946@attbi_s01...
Just wondering your thoughts...

Tully-

I'm one of, like, 3 people that bought the MEX-1HD. Personally, I
like it: no more CDs in the car, nifty display (although a color LCD
would be cooler), and plenty of bells 'n' whistles.

The bad news is that Sony has all but abandoned support for this unit.
While I've had no serious problems with mine, I was hoping they'd
have a
developer or two pumping out software add-ons, upgrades, etc. I
installed my unit in Oct 2002 and so far, only one s/w update.
Granted, it was a killer update that enabled CDDB on the unit and also
came with a PC app for managing the music library, but I'm kinda of a
dork and was looking forward to the occasional new screen saver or UI
tweak. After all, the thing's got a hard disk, a processor of some
kind, and a fairly flexible display. How about a cool little calendar
app or something? Oh well.

If you've got any specific questions about it, I'll do my best to
answer them...
-ed
ali zafar

Anyone know where to get the upgrade?
I just got this thing, and i it sucks having enter the names by hand.
Help.
azafar

Just got it installed a week ago.
So far i like it. I wish it had CDDB already on it. Apparently there is
an upgrade for it, but i cant find it (even called sony).
Do you know?
email me if you do. superassclown AT hotmail.com
thanks.
--
azafar
azafar's Profile: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb3/me...p?userid=29034