Good circuit simulation program for audio tube circuits?

Old January 28th 04, 10:07 PM
AT

Default Good circuit simulation program for audio tube circuits?

Hi!

Please recommend to me some good circuit simulation/analyzing pc-program for
audio tube circuits.

It would be nice if you could actually create a graphical schematic layout
in the program, and simulate and analyze it.
Also if it had the capability to pcb-design it would be nice, especially if
it could create the pcb layout automatically out of a schematic.
If it would be smart enough to suggest efficient component placement on
terminal strips/turret boards/the like the better.

Mostly I would appreciate good circuit simulation and analyzing abilities,
and the ability to simulate/analyze a user-created graphical schematic
layout.

Do you know any good candidates for this application?

-antti

Old January 28th 04, 11:23 PM
Robert Casey

AT wrote:

>Mostly I would appreciate good circuit simulation and analyzing abilities,
>and the ability to simulate/analyze a user-created graphical schematic
>layout.
>
>Do you know any good candidates for this application?
>
>-antti

There's circuitmaker 2000. Limited time (30 days). Do not use
the patch at
http://www.cracks4u.com/?download/ne...0_SP1.zip.html
or else you'll violate some law.

Old January 29th 04, 06:35 AM
Choky

"Robert Casey" > wrote in message
> AT wrote:
>
> >Mostly I would appreciate good circuit simulation and analyzing

abilities,
> >and the ability to simulate/analyze a user-created graphical schematic
> >layout.
> >
> >Do you know any good candidates for this application?
> >
> >-antti
> >

> There's circuitmaker 2000. Limited time (30 days). Do not use
> the patch at
> http://www.cracks4u.com/?download/ne...0_SP1.zip.html
> or else you'll violate some law.

hehe,good one

Old January 29th 04, 01:07 PM
John Walton

For freeware, you can use Linear Technology's "Switcher CAD" software -- you
will have to create and import models (but there are tube models available
on the web.)

Personally, I use Multisim, which is a high end version of Electronics
Workbench. The program does have some issues with Windows 2000, however. I
think it uses a Win95 filing system which is akin to the way your teenager
stores their clothes.

I find that using CAD is nice for concepts, but until solder hits the PCB
you can't be certain of the results.

Eagle has a PCB drawing program in freeware (www.cadsoftusa.com) . It is
very easy to use but the free version is limited in size.

If you are going to go to the trouble of using a CAD program for PCB layout
and send the boards to a shop like PCBExpress, look for a freeware Gerber
viewer. These are easy to find by googling. It's imperative that you
examine the board layout with a Gerber file viewer since what you see isn't
always what you get.

Jack