Default My PC speakers are too soft

My PC speakers are too soft

We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.

But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
We have increased the volume to FULL.

The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.

Can anyone pls help us out ?

I am NOT technical

Thanks
Kim

RD Jones

There may be 2 output jacks, like line
out and headphone out, or
headphone out and speaker out.
Try the other output jack.
Also look at the sound control panel
in the systray, there may be a wave
(or other) volume and master volume.
What is the new sound card ?

If all else fails "RTFM"

rd

Jonny Durango

Okay, first thing, double click the little yellow/gold speaker icon in the
bottom right hand side of your screen...it should be on the right side of
your task (start) bar. Make sure all the "select" boxes are checked.....if
there isn't an icon, go to start - settings - control panels - sounds and
multimedia and/or look for your soundcard's driver.

might also be the volume on the playback software, such as winamp or windows
media player or real player. Make sure all your volume is up about 3/4 of
the way, also make sure the 1/8" plug is going into the right output. A line
out is an unamplified signal that will be barely audible through your
speakers....the speaker output is what you want. It's also possible that
your speakers have their own internal amplifier...if so you should make sure
they are plugged into the wall and turned on. If all else fails, buy new
speakers, if that doesn't work, get hearing aids =)

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

"George Gleason" wrote in message
My PC speakers are too soft

We have a new XP PC. Lots of RAM, HD and 3 GHZ Intel CPU.

But we can barely hear the sound from the speakers.
We have increased the volume to FULL.

The same speakers on our OLD PC is loud.

Can anyone pls help us out ?

I am NOT technical

Thanks
Kim

open the software that is associated with the audio and look for a
software based volume control
you will find this most likely in your "Control panel" labeled something
like "sounds"
George