Dave

Default Sirius Satellite Radio Question

Hello all,

Not sure if this is the correct group to post this on, so I apologize in
advance if I'm stepping on any toes. I just bought the Audiovox SIR-PNP2
for tuner for Sirius, and I'm mostly happy with it, but I had a few
questions.

I'm using the tuner with the car kit that has the FM modulator, but the
reception is fuzzy on my radio no matter which frequency I use or where I
put the tuner. I don't want to use a cassete adapter and have another
cord in the way too. Audiovox sells an FM switching module to hardwire
the tuner to my radio. I don't know much about this sort of thing -
would this help out with the radio reception? Also, would I have to get
the Audiovox model, or could I get an aftermarket one that would work?
Last, do they make any that also supply power to the tuner? The car kit
uses a cigarette lighter adapter for power, and I'd like to have as few
wires in my way while I drive as possible!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
mayhemkrew

Yes it would improve your signal reception cause it is a direct (in some
sorts) feed to the antenna whereas a wireless feed. As for the power
adapter, you could just cute the cigarette lighter end off, and wire it
manually to a accessory line in the car.

"Dave" wrote in message
[...]

rdell

Dave wrote in message ...
[...]

The connector for the FM antenna is a standard mini-plug. For home,
with this unit, I got a mini-to-F type adapter (standard cable-tv cable)
then run it to a standard FM dipole to improve pickup in the house.

In the car I have a Kenwood unit, but I did a similar thing ...
rather than hooking up directly inline, I have a 32 inch wire
hooked to the center connector of an RCA jack, which is then used
to connect to the "to-radio" cable from the Kenwood unit. Improves reception
quite nicely. I would do the same with the Audiovox, just using
a mini-plug and fastening to the center connector.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!