Default If Bose 5.1 Sucks, What kind of Speakers Should I Buy??

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?
RLL

Almost any speaker has better performance than the small Bose speakers. I
made the same mistake; now they're in the bedroom, and I am not even very
happy with them even for the bedroom.

When I upgraded, I purchased Paradigm Studio 100s for the main speakers
($2200/pair). I use a 12-inch subwoofer from Velodyne DPS-12, ($550). I
bought an Infinity center speaker ($180). I am just using some other
speakers I had for the Surround and Surround rears. I still haven't decided
on which speakers to purchase. I am not sure that the choice is as
important as the center, fronts, and subwoofer.

I bought a Yamaha RX-V2500 ($1100) for the receiver. It has 130W per
channel, 7.1 and comes with a microphone and GUI interface to automatically
calibrate your system to the room and your listening position. I also
looked at Denon and Rotel, but they weren't THX certified. I think the
Yamaha ($1100) is as good as most people would ever need.

Anyway, my wife thinks I am nuts -- and she won't let me turn up the volume
if she's home.

And so it goes ... Good luck.

- Russ in Santa Barbara

wrote in message
om...
I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

TCS

htmlinput type crash/html
begin On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:24:11 -0800, RLL wrote:
Almost any speaker has better performance than the small Bose speakers. I
made the same mistake; now they're in the bedroom, and I am not even very
happy with them even for the bedroom.

Truer words were never spoken. $30 sony's are far superior to bose.
Michael McKelvy

wrote in message
om...
I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Most people who consider themselves audiophiles don't much care for them,
but then you are the one that would have to love with them.

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands such
as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio, or just do some
shopping for stuff in your price range.

One of the big drawbacks of the Bose stuff is their tiny subwoofer isn't
really much of one. A real sub will get down below 30 Hz. IIRC the Bose
subs get to about 50Hz, so if you appreciate good deep bass, and you should
since it provides impact and ambience to music and video.

Trevor Wilson

wrote in message
om...
I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

**I was going to say that I know of no commercially available speakers which
are as bad as the Bose AcoustimessT products. However, that is not entirely
correct. I visited a computer fair a few weeks ago and found a 5.1 system,
which is about on par with the Bose. It sells for AUS$79.95. If you spend
the Bose money on *any* other brand, you will comfortable in knowing that
you are getting better sound quality.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Fella

Michael McKelvy wrote:
wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands such
as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

To the original poster; See if you can get this brand in your area:

http://www.elac.com/

http://www.elac.com/en/products/cinema/cinema1sets.html

Very competent sound, unlike any bose bs.
Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Michael McKelvy wrote:
wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes
alot further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a
good set of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known
brands such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge
Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Mike no doubt slipped in Cambridge Audio for Cambridge Soundworks:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...item=k1pkmv7zz

To the original poster; See if you can get this brand in your area:

http://www.elac.com/

http://www.elac.com/en/products/cinema/cinema1sets.html

If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella, you'd see
he's Canadian.

Looking at your links, it seems like Elac is staying away from the North
American continent and sticking to Europe and the UK. I seem to recall that
they once had a presence here as a source of some pretty nice-looking but
rumbly turntables.

Very competent sound, unlike any bose bs.

Arny Krueger

"Michael McKelvy" wrote in message
ink.net

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands
such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio, or
just do some shopping for stuff in your price range.

Agreed, except make that Cambridge Soundworks, not Cambridge Audio.

One of the big drawbacks of the Bose stuff is their tiny subwoofer
isn't really much of one. A real sub will get down below 30 Hz. IIRC the
Bose subs get to about 50Hz, so if you appreciate good deep
bass, and you should since it provides impact and ambience to music
and video.

My big complaint with Bose is simply price/performance. Their home audio
stuff is costly for what it is, or is poor performing for what it costs.
Pick one or both! They are a very profitable company, and going overboard
on customer value isn't one of the reasons why.

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

My big complaint with Bose is simply price/performance. Their home audio
stuff is costly for what it is, or is poor performing for what it costs.
Pick one or both! They are a very profitable company, and going overboard
on customer value isn't one of the reasons why.

Bose woud be Arny's preference, if it were just a cnote less.
Too bad you wasted one wiping your ass. Coulda' had a Bose instead!

Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

Michael McKelvy wrote:

wrote in message
e.com...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes
alot further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a
good set of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known
brands such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge
Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Mike no doubt slipped in Cambridge Audio for Cambridge Soundworks:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...item=k1pkmv7zz

Whatever, your altar boy being a dumdaft you're going to need to correct
him some more, he is putting his foot in his mouth ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
Get to work!

To the original poster; See if you can get this brand in your area:

http://www.elac.com/

http://www.elac.com/en/products/cinema/cinema1sets.html

If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella, you'd see
he's Canadian.

None of that cocky attitude you ****. I'll try to help, make suggestions
yes, but I don't have the time for such investigations. Besides, where
there is a will, there is a way.

At least I don't refer the user to a speaker brand THAT DOES NOT EXIST!

Looking at your links, it seems like Elac is staying away from the North
American continent and sticking to Europe and the UK. I seem to recall that
they once had a presence here as a source of some pretty nice-looking but
rumbly turntables.

Yes yes, since it's Fella who is recommending them they probably have a
bad transient response and they are most probably turkeys, etc, we know
how objective an "expert" you are you dickhead ****.

Very competent sound, unlike any bose bs.

Arny Krueger

"Fella" spewed in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" spewed in message

Michael McKelvy wrote:

wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard
that Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money
goes alot further with other types of speakers. Can anyone
recommend a good set of speakers that are similar to the
Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known
brands such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge
Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Mike no doubt slipped in Cambridge Audio for Cambridge Soundworks:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...item=k1pkmv7zz

Whatever, your altar boy being a dumdaft you're going to need to
correct him some more, he is putting his foot in his mouth ALL OVER
THE PLACE!! Get to work!

Inability to make a civil response to a tactful comment, noted.

To the original poster; See if you can get this brand in your area:

http://www.elac.com/

http://www.elac.com/en/products/cinema/cinema1sets.html

If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella,
you'd see he's Canadian.

None of that cocky attitude you ****.

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about Mike's little
slip-up? Yeah, it was pretty bad. I was trying to make the best of it, but
here you go again!

I'll try to help, make
suggestions yes, but I don't have the time for such investigations.

Yeah, it takes about 10 seconds to determine where a post comes from unless
it has been concealed which is obvious in about 5 seconds.

Besides, where there is a will, there is a way.

Yep, and you obviously don't have much of a helpful will, Fella. Inability
to make a civil response to a tactful post, noted for the third time.

At least I don't refer the user to a speaker brand THAT DOES NOT
EXIST!

OK, so Mike confused Cambridge Audio with Cambridge Soundworks, which is an
audio company. Inability to make a civil response to a tactful comment,
again noted for a fourth time.

Looking at your links, it seems like Elac is staying away from the
North American continent and sticking to Europe and the UK. I seem
to recall that they once had a presence here as a source of some
pretty nice-looking but rumbly turntables.

Yes yes, since it's Fella who is recommending them they probably have
a bad transient response and they are most probably turkeys, etc, we
know how objective an "expert" you are you dickhead ****.

Inability to make a civil response to a factual comment, noted for the fifth
time. Tourette's acting up again, Fella? Maybe you need to cut back on
sources of excess stress in your life like posting on RAO.

Very competent sound, unlike any bose bs.

Note that I preserved this favorable comment about Elac sound, without
comment and profane reference included.

Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about Mike's little
slip-up?

This is what I wrote to mikey boy about his slip up:

"Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers. " This is a *neutral* attitude.

*This* is what you wrote to me about the location of the OP:

"If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella, you'd
see he's Canadian."

Now *that's* cocky, if anytihing is. "if you had bothered" .. More like
a whining, nagging cocky attitude. You ****.

And I had specifically said that: "See if you can get this brand in your
area: " to the OP. Why should I bother to do tracroutes, view detailed
headers, you cockhead ****.

And in all your cockhead ****ness you WRONGLY say: "Elac is staying away
from the North American continent" .. "looking at my links" .. Well look
again you ****:

http://www.elac.com/en/agencies/agenciesb.php?f=2#usa

I seem
to recall that they once had a presence here as a source of some
pretty nice-looking but rumbly turntables.

And yes, the opening overture of elac bashing was with the "rumbly
turntables" bit .. But given the fact that you have the credibility of a
gaping asshole and you don't want to further put your head up the ass of
the donkey you *try* for a retracting job, and fail miserably: "Note
that I preserved this favorable comment about Elac sound, without
comment" .. Trying to imply that a ****borg **** such as yourself is
doing some favor and agreeing wiht a statement if not erased away. You
pathetic ****. It'll fit you to bash the elac speaker line, yes, without
ever having seen or heard one.

And stop whining about my observations as to your cockheadeness and
being a miserable ****head whore of a worthless ****, you ****. You can
note and note away and shove them notes up your ass for all I care. I
call'em as I see'em. And I see you: A cockhead ****. So what do I do?
Simple: I call you a COCKHEAD ****!

Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about
Mike's little slip-up?

This is what I wrote to mikey boy about his slip up:

"Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers. " This is a *neutral*
attitude.

So says you.

A neutral comment would have been:

"Perhaps you meant Cambridge Soundworks instead of Cambridge Audio".

Of course Fella you couldn't let your intial gaffe stand by itself. You
piled on the following:

"Whatever, your altar boy being a dumdaft you're going to need to correct
him some more, he is putting his foot in his mouth ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
Get to work!"

I'm wondering if you even thought of Cambridge Soundworks when you made your
comment, Fella.

*This* is what you wrote to me about the location of the OP:

"If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella,
you'd see he's Canadian."

Now *that's* cocky, if anytihing (sic) is.

So says you, Fella. You'd already set the pace for this part of the thread.
Everybody you disagree with is completely wrong and off-base, right? In
fact you're just another Dave Weil, Bruce Richman, Art Sackman, or Scott
Wheeler who can't seem to perceive the damage their agressive actions do to
this forum.

"if you had bothered" .. More like a whining, nagging cocky attitude. You
****.

Thanks for pouring more fuel on the fire, Fella. It speaks to your basic
character, or lack thereof. You're perfect, you never make a mistake.

Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about
Mike's little slip-up?

This is what I wrote to mikey boy about his slip up:

"Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers. " This is a *neutral*
attitude.

So says you.

Yes me and anyone with a reasonable understanding of the English language.

A neutral comment would have been:

"Perhaps you meant Cambridge Soundworks instead of Cambridge Audio".

How am I supposed to know what that dumdaft meant? The company that
makes CA also makes speakers, but they call them mordaunt-short, perhaps
he meant those? Why don't you ask him ferrchrissakes.

Just think how helpful an advice your dumdaft dumdum gave, suggesting
speakers that never existed. So I merely, no comments,
matter-of-factly stated that they don't make speakers, simple, you
simpleton.

Of course Fella you couldn't let your intial gaffe stand by itself. You
piled on the following:

"Whatever, your altar boy being a dumdaft you're going to need to correct
him some more, he is putting his foot in his mouth ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
Get to work!"

That's correct, you should get to work, he has done and polluted the
place with a lot of dumdaft posts recently, get to cleaning! Chop-chop.

I'm wondering if you even thought of Cambridge Soundworks when you made your
comment, Fella.

I don't know of any cambridge soundworks.

I see you conveniently deleted away the part where you were DEAD WRONG
about elac satying away from NA.. You pathetic simpleton **** you,
thinking that editing something in your pathetic response makes it
disappear.

Everybody you disagree with is completely wrong and off-base, right?

No, I was wrong about time aligment, sound speed with different
frequencies issue when talking to Lionel, for example, and I naturally
stated that "I stand corrected" when he pointed it out. That's a whole
universe of difference in atitude between you and me, you cockhead ****.

In
fact you're just another Dave Weil, Bruce Richman, Art Sackman, or Scott
Wheeler who can't seem to perceive the damage their agressive actions do to
this forum.

The day you are locked up and the key is thrown away will be the day of
celebration to this NG, you ****borg.

"if you had bothered" .. More like a whining, nagging cocky attitude. You
****.

Thanks for pouring more fuel on the fire, Fella. It speaks to your basic
character, or lack thereof.

So says the delusional, simpleton ****, the nightmare on RAO street
kruuger.

Let us read what he says about tube amp owners all over the world, for
instance:

From the thread: "Anyone heard these Chinese amps?"

"Of course I understand. I understand that some people pretend to like
tube audio amps because it makes them feel special."

How credible is a fool of a worthless **** that thinks he is able to
perform a remote, time-spanned mass-psycho-analysis on people all over
the globe with a mere flick of a finger?

You're perfect, you never make a mistake.

Don't write to us the silly stuff you puke when you are talking with
your mirror, you ****, I know, being you there is no other way you would
be able to *look* at a mirror, forget about shaving.

Arny Krueger

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about
Mike's little slip-up?

This is what I wrote to mikey boy about his slip up:

"Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers. " This is a *neutral*
attitude.

So says you.

Yes me and anyone with a reasonable understanding of the English
language.

So says you, Mr. Fella the Perfect Diplomat.

A neutral comment would have been:

"Perhaps you meant Cambridge Soundworks instead of Cambridge Audio".

How am I supposed to know what that dumdaft meant?

OK Fella, so you can't see the similarity between the names Cambridge
Soundworks and Cambridge Audio. Like I suggested before, I bet you didn't
even know that Cambridge Soundworks exists. That makes this about your
ignorance.

The company that makes CA also makes speakers, but they call them
mordaunt-short,
perhaps he meant those? Why don't you ask him ferrchrissakes.

This is now about your ignornace and innate hostiilty, Fella.

Just think how helpful an advice your dumdaft dumdum gave, suggesting
speakers that never existed. So I merely, no comments,
matter-of-factly stated that they don't make speakers, simple, you
simpleton.

Fella I've explained it to you once laready and you can't even seem to see
the similarity between the names Cambridge Soundworks and Cambridge Audio.
I'm done with you on this topic!

Bullocks snipped

Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

OK Fella, so you can't see the similarity between the names Cambridge
Soundworks and Cambridge Audio. Like I suggested before, I bet you didn't
even know that Cambridge Soundworks exists.

I already replied to you, you ****borg, that I do not know of any
(or..rather, *did* not) cambr..soundworks, or whatever. Big deal!

That makes this about your
ignorance.

So you think that a given person should know about *all* speaker brands
all over the world that he avoids being ignorant? You are also a
funny ****, I see.

This is now about your ignornace and innate hostiilty, Fella.

My previous response *proved* to anyone with a basic knowledge of the
english language, *without a doubt* that you have the credibility of a
worthless cockhead **** with a severe attitude problem. I responded to
mickey boy without any anger, just matter-of-factly. Your "if you had
bothered" donald trump approach got the reply it deserved.

Besides, thinking that you are able to know the *intentions* of masses
of tube amp owners, that they *pretend* to like something so that they
*feel* something ... I mean, come OONNNNNNN!!!!! How stupid cocky can
you get!?!?!?!?!

You worthless ****.

I'm done with you on this topic!

I see .. May I go away now? .. So do you have a hair style similar
to donal trump? Your attitude sure resemlbes his.

So tell us ooo the great kruuger nightmare of RAO, the great tiran of
the audio world, o baffoon, o dumdaft cockhead, why do people all around
the world use, for instance, hair dryers?
TCS

htmlinput type crash/html
begin On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:30:14 +1100, Trevor Wilson wrote:

wrote in message
. com...
I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

**I was going to say that I know of no commercially available speakers which
are as bad as the Bose AcoustimessT products. However, that is not entirely
correct. I visited a computer fair a few weeks ago and found a 5.1 system,
which is about on par with the Bose. It sells for AUS$79.95. If you spend
the Bose money on *any* other brand, you will comfortable in knowing that
you are getting better sound quality.

What would they be? What commercial brand uses portable tv quality speakers
with a superresonant bass module giving the worst frequency response in the
business?

Joseph Oberlander

Fella wrote:

Michael McKelvy wrote:

wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands
such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Neither does Bose. In fact, it looks like they outsource from
the same company. For $200, it's a good surround system. For $200,
that is.

Arny Krueger

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" said:

Looking at your links, it seems like Elac is staying away from the
North American continent and sticking to Europe and the UK. I seem
to recall that they once had a presence here as a source of some
pretty nice-looking but rumbly turntables.

Elac made turntables ("Miraphon") in the '60s and '70s, I never knew
they were marketed in the US as well.
Those days are long gone.

They were called "Miracord" in the US.

Here's an example:

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/21/70/ee_12_sb.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I found it to be quite handsome. It's performance issues were a
disappointment. I believe the importer was named Benjamin.

Today, they are known as a maker of fine speakers and cartridges.

I wish them good fortune!

I found that they do have a US Importer for their speakers:

http://www.trian.peachhost.com/Products.htm

Fella

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Fella wrote:

Michael McKelvy wrote:

wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands
such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Neither does Bose. In fact, it looks like they outsource from
the same company.

Do you mean this Cambridge soundworks? And mickey boy was suggesting
them, well, trying at least. Figures.
Fella

Arny Krueger wrote:

I found that they do have a US Importer for their speakers:

http://www.trian.peachhost.com/Products.htm

How did you make that find? I *gave* you the link, while beating the
**** out of you to a smelly, stinking pulp, just above. It's there for
everyone to see you cocky dumdum. "I found that.." Just because you
burry your dumdum head in the sand, edit away those incredibly stupid
quotes of yours doesn't mean that they cease to exist. Here I'll quote
you again:

From the thread: "Anyone heard these Chinese amps?" The ****borg arny
krueger writes:

"Of course I understand. I understand that some people pretend to like
tube audio amps because it makes them feel special."

How credible is a fool of a worthless **** that thinks he is able to
perform a remote, time-spanned mass-psycho-analysis on people all over
the globe with a mere flick of a finger?

He understands, remotely, "of course", that people _pretend_ to like
their amps, he knows that this _pretention_ is because it makes them
_feel_ special. He knows what people feel, remotely, he knows that
they put on an act in front of their amps, they _pretend_ !! What a load
of a TRUCKload of utter and complete bull****, nonesense, CRAP! from
this incompetent, grotesque cocky **** of a dickhead!

Joseph Oberlander

Fella wrote:

Neither does Bose. In fact, it looks like they outsource from
the same company.

Do you mean this Cambridge soundworks? And mickey boy was suggesting
them, well, trying at least. Figures.

Yeah. Late at night. Not really paying much attention to
this blather as it must be the hundredth time "CSW is as good
as Bose at 1/10th the price" has come up.

jim

I assume he means Cambridge Soundworks which does make speakers.
http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...category=audio

Michael McKelvy

"Fella" wrote in message
Michael McKelvy wrote:
wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known brands
such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

I was thinking of Cambridge Soundworks, my mistake.

Michael McKelvy

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Fella" wrote in message

Michael McKelvy wrote:
wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes
alot further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a
good set of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Personally I would recommend that you look at other well known
brands such as PSB, Boston Acoustics, Polk, Infinity, Cambridge
Audio,

Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers.

Mike no doubt slipped in Cambridge Audio for Cambridge Soundworks:

http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/s...item=k1pkmv7zz

You are correct.

To the original poster; See if you can get this brand in your area:

http://www.elac.com/

http://www.elac.com/en/products/cinema/cinema1sets.html

If you had bothered to check where the OP was posting from Fella, you'd
see he's Canadian.

Looking at your links, it seems like Elac is staying away from the North
American continent and sticking to Europe and the UK. I seem to recall
that they once had a presence here as a source of some pretty nice-looking
but rumbly turntables.

He's not got that kind of time. He uses it all up trying to keep civility
from creeping in to his on line persona.

Michael McKelvy

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
Arny Krueger wrote:

[...]

the donkey you *try* for a retracting job, and fail miserably: "Note that
I preserved this favorable comment about Elac sound, without
comment" .. Trying to imply that a ****borg **** such as yourself is doing
some favor and agreeing wiht a statement if not erased away. You pathetic
****. It'll fit you to bash the elac speaker line, yes, without ever
having seen or heard one.

And stop whining about my observations as to your cockheadeness and being
a miserable ****head whore of a worthless ****, you ****. You can note and
note away and shove them notes up your ass for all I care. I call'em as I
see'em. And I see you: A cockhead ****. So what do I do? Simple: I call
you a COCKHEAD ****!

I'm sure they have treatment and medication for Tourette's syndrome.
You should check it out ASAP.

Michael McKelvy

"Fella" wrote in message
.. .
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Fella" wrote in message

Arny Krueger wrote:

Fella, what cocky attitude? You mean your cocky attitude about
Mike's little slip-up?

This is what I wrote to mikey boy about his slip up:

"Cambridge Audio doesn't make speakers. " This is a *neutral*
attitude.

So says you.

Yes me and anyone with a reasonable understanding of the English language.

A neutral comment would have been:

"Perhaps you meant Cambridge Soundworks instead of Cambridge Audio".

How am I supposed to know what that dumdaft meant?

You could ask or let the person being addressed ask.

The company that
makes CA also makes speakers, but they call them mordaunt-short, perhaps
he meant those? Why don't you ask him ferrchrissakes.

Just think how helpful an advice your dumdaft dumdum gave, suggesting
speakers that never existed.

I got one name wrong. I gave several others. Are you now the brand name
police?

So I merely, no comments,
matter-of-factly stated that they don't make speakers, simple, you
simpleton.

Of course Fella you couldn't let your intial gaffe stand by itself. You
piled on the following:

"Whatever, your altar boy being a dumdaft you're going to need to correct
him some more, he is putting his foot in his mouth ALL OVER THE PLACE!!
Get to work!"

That's correct, you should get to work, he has done and polluted the place
with a lot of dumdaft posts recently, get to cleaning! Chop-chop.

Like this one?

I'm wondering if you even thought of Cambridge Soundworks when you made
your comment, Fella.

I don't know of any cambridge soundworks.

I see you conveniently deleted away the part where you were DEAD WRONG
about elac satying away from NA.. You pathetic simpleton **** you,
thinking that editing something in your pathetic response makes it
disappear.

Still not treating the Tourette's I see.

Everybody you disagree with is completely wrong and off-base, right?

No, I was wrong about time aligment, sound speed with different
frequencies issue when talking to Lionel, for example, and I naturally
stated that "I stand corrected" when he pointed it out. That's a whole
universe of difference in atitude between you and me, you cockhead ****.

And the name calling and general ****ty attitude is neccessary
because............?

Lionel

Michael McKelvy a écrit :

Few questions for you McKelvy.

Audax is stoping production of drivers for HiFi and DIY.
Yesterday I have purchased at a good price 6 Audax drivers.
- 4 pieces HM130Z4 HD-A (bass midrange)
- 2 pieces TW025A0 (fabric tweeter)
I will find them a good companion for lowest frequencies because I would
like to built such kind of floorstanding speakers with a lateral boomer.
Do you know any recommendable design in the DIY jungle ?

Thanks.

Bruce J. Richman

Fella wrote:

Lionel wrote:

Michael McKelvy a =E9crit :

Few questions for you McKelvy.

Audax is stoping production of drivers for HiFi and DIY.
Yesterday I have purchased at a good price 6 Audax drivers.
- 4 pieces HM130Z4 HD-A (bass midrange)
- 2 pieces TW025A0 (fabric tweeter)
I will find them a good companion for lowest frequencies because I

would
like to built such kind of floorstanding speakers with a lateral

boomer.
Do you know any recommendable design in the DIY jungle ?

Thanks.

Ok, now I see why some have identified you as the sewage whore, etc.

But, be that as it may, good luck to you frenchy, with the speakers

that
is.. Getting advice from a dumdum I can't imagine the most probable
horrible result when you finally get it done. I *do* feel sorry for

your
neighbors though.

He and McKelvy have the same agenda, and very similar ways of behaving
on RAO. (Just expand your perceptive analysis to include Lionel).
When you compare his posts to those of Krueger and McKelvy, you'll
immediately notice all the similarities.

Lionel

Fella a écrit :

Lionel wrote:

Michael McKelvy a écrit :

Few questions for you McKelvy.

Audax is stoping production of drivers for HiFi and DIY.
Yesterday I have purchased at a good price 6 Audax drivers.
- 4 pieces HM130Z4 HD-A (bass midrange)
- 2 pieces TW025A0 (fabric tweeter)
I will find them a good companion for lowest frequencies because I
would like to built such kind of floorstanding speakers with a lateral
boomer.
Do you know any recommendable design in the DIY jungle ?

Thanks.

Ok, now I see why some have identified you as the sewage whore, etc.

But, be that as it may, good luck to you frenchy, with the speakers that
is.. Getting advice from a dumdum I can't imagine the most probable
horrible result when you finally get it done.

Sorry Fella but in only *one* exchange recently you have dissuaded me to
ask you advices about speaker construction... Do you remember ? ;-)

IMHO nobody better than McKelvy can give me an advice for a DIY speaker
project on RAO.
Should I ask on an other forum ? It has been already done. Can you
guarantee me that the guy(s) who will answer me will be really different
than McKelvy ?

I *do* feel sorry for your neighbors though.

Do you mean that you feel sorry for the rats ? :-)

Lionel

Bruce J. Richman a écrit :

He and McKelvy have the same agenda, and very similar ways of behaving
on RAO. (Just expand your perceptive analysis to include Lionel).
When you compare his posts to those of Krueger and McKelvy, you'll
immediately notice all the similarities.

I will call you now Grand'Papa.

Fella

Lionel wrote:

IMHO nobody better than McKelvy can give me an advice for a DIY speaker
project on RAO.

You know exactly what was meant. Don't play stupid, you are not that smart.

Should I ask on an other forum ? It has been already done. Can you
guarantee me that the guy(s) who will answer me will be really different
than McKelvy ?

I *do* feel sorry for your neighbors though.

Do you mean that you feel sorry for the rats ? :-)

Well, perhaps them rats might take a liking to cerwin vega type of
sound, so, go for it!
jeffc

wrote in message
om...
I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Two comments.
1) If you think/believe Bose sucks, why would you want something similar?
2) You have to understand why Bose sucks and the snobbery involved when you
hear that remark. You should have the type of sound that you prefer and
enjoy. Personally, I think Bose sucks because it doesn't sound realistic.
It sounds fake. That doesn't mean it's "bad". If you like the way they
make your music sound, then go for it. Most people don't like them because
they don't sound like the original acoustic music. On the other hand, some
people say Bose sucks just because that's the hip thing to say, kind of like
saying Microsoft sucks, or any other thing that's really popular.

Lionel

Fella a écrit :
Lionel wrote:

IMHO nobody better than McKelvy can give me an advice for a DIY
speaker project on RAO.

You know exactly what was meant. Don't play stupid, you are not that smart.

Did I already pretend to be smart ?
Why have you sniped the begining of the post ? Is it what you call
"smart" ? ;-)

Should I ask on an other forum ? It has been already done. Can you
guarantee me that the guy(s) who will answer me will be really
different than McKelvy ?

I *do* feel sorry for your neighbors though.

Do you mean that you feel sorry for the rats ? :-)

Well, perhaps them rats might take a liking to cerwin vega type of
sound, so, go for it!

In the end perhaps rats and me have the same goal...
Joseph Oberlander

jeffc wrote:

wrote in message
om...

I am looking to buy surround speakers for a small room. I was
considering the Bose Accoustimass Series 6 or 10. I have heard that
Bose is not all its cracked up to be and that the same money goes alot
further with other types of speakers. Can anyone recommend a good set
of speakers that are similar to the Acoustimass?

Two comments.
1) If you think/believe Bose sucks, why would you want something similar?

He wants W.A.F. and she's killing his fun - ie: "small or not at all".

KEF and Tannoy make excellent tiny systems.
Note - and this should be repeated far and wide: Bose surround
speaers don't come with mounting hardware. Add in even small mounts
and the visual impact nearly doubles.

KEF gets around this by having their 2005 speakers have an integral
swivel mount - so screw in and go. Also, which they are larger in
diameter, they are round on all sides, so they stand out less than
a cube stuck to a wall.

Real rubber surrounds. No response hole in the system, either.
Bose could learn a thing or twelve from KEF.

Michael McKelvy

"Lionel" wrote in message
Michael McKelvy a écrit :

Few questions for you McKelvy.

Audax is stoping production of drivers for HiFi and DIY.
Yesterday I have purchased at a good price 6 Audax drivers.
- 4 pieces HM130Z4 HD-A (bass midrange)
- 2 pieces TW025A0 (fabric tweeter)
I will find them a good companion for lowest frequencies because I would
like to built such kind of floorstanding speakers with a lateral boomer.

Take a look at Vance Dicason's book of DIY projects he did for Audax.
Also look in on the DIY forums. One of the best IMO is www.diyaudio.com.
You might also want to check out Audax's web site,(it's in French and
English).

Do you know any recommendable design in the DIY jungle ?

Thanks.

I'm not familiar with those drivers per se, but the Audax web site probably
has some kit plans.