jack

Default new system

I putting together a new system...and I need some advice.

I'm planning on replacing my front 5.25's and rear 6 X9 's with Alpines.
I'm also planning on a sub (1 or 2 I'm not sure yet).

I'm also getting an Alpine 4 channel amp (MRP-F240)
Can I run the sub(s) from this amp..or do I need a separate mono amp to do
it ?
Its all going in a Nissan Pathfinder

Thanks

MZ

I putting together a new system...and I need some advice.

I'm planning on replacing my front 5.25's and rear 6 X9 's with Alpines.
I'm also planning on a sub (1 or 2 I'm not sure yet).

I'm also getting an Alpine 4 channel amp (MRP-F240)
Can I run the sub(s) from this amp..or do I need a separate mono amp to do
it ?
Its all going in a Nissan Pathfinder

You can bridge two of the channels and run a 4 ohm sub with it. The other
two channels would have to drive the front speakers, and the rear speakers
would be driven by the head unit. If you decided to upgrade in the future,
you could buy another amp to run the sub and then use the two extra channels
of your 4-channel amp to run the rears.

jeffc

"jack" wrote in message
I putting together a new system...and I need some advice.

I'm planning on replacing my front 5.25's and rear 6 X9 's with Alpines.
I'm also planning on a sub (1 or 2 I'm not sure yet).

I'm also getting an Alpine 4 channel amp (MRP-F240)
Can I run the sub(s) from this amp..or do I need a separate mono amp to do
it ?

Well you've got 5 or 6 speakers and 4 channels, and you need a channel per
speaker normally, so.... One thing you can do if your head unit supports it
is to run your rear speakers off of the head unit power, and the front
speakers and subs off the amp power. If you only get 1 sub, then it would
help if you can bridge 2 of your amp channels to one for a mon sub.