Jcasey22

Default JVC Head Unit Help

I tried posting this earlier but I couldn't find it so I'll re-post.

My sister picked up a JVC head unit from Best Buy to replace Sony unit that was
ripped out by some crack head (funny story actually, he accidentally called her
house with the stolen cell from her car and left a message on her machine. We
could hear him trying to negotiate a deal for $80 worth of crack).
I'm not sure of the Model # off hand. It looks to be a cheapo, my guess is
about $120. Anyway, I was installing it for her and once I put power to it
turned on and immediately said "Good Bye" (or something similar) on the screen
and then shut down. After that, I could not get it to turn back on. When I
unplug the harness from the back of the head and let it sit for a few minutes,
plug it back in, it will turn on then shut down again. I've installed 20 or so
heads in the past and have never had this problem. Is there something stupid
I'm missing?