Joe Sensor

Default Audiofile speaker cables. Is this a joke?

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?
Steven Sena

Wow... I got to get me some of those...

--
Steven Sena
XS Sound Recording

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price $7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

G Glass

Nevermind the relatively much less expensive, cheap wire connected to both
ends of the speaker wire (internal loudspeaker, amplification, etc.).

If you detected a hint of sarcasm, you weren't imagining it.

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

George Gleason

Joe Sensor wrote:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

IN NY you can buy a 10,000$ martini
more power to them if they can sell it
George

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"George Gleason" wrote in message ...
Joe Sensor wrote:
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

IN NY you can buy a 10,000$ martini
more power to them if they can sell it
George

Yeah... but that includes a diamond. Any diamonds in a hunk of wire these days?

play-on

I think they throw in a couple of free tubes of KY Jelly with the
cables.

Al

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:08:59 -0600, Joe Sensor
wrote:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Chel van Gennip" wrote in message ...
On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:53:11 +0100, Chel van Gennip wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:08:59 +0100, Joe Sensor wrote:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR Your Price $7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

They are selling these things, so they are making serious money. But
what about power cords: $6,700.00, for 6', so over $1000.00 per foot!
http://www.fatwyre.com/power2_04.html For the best result use this cable
from your hifi set to the nearest power plant ;-)

BTW, I forgot to mention they are selling $32000.00 Speaker Cables too:
http://www.fatwyre.com/speaker5_04.html

People obviously have too much 'disposable' cash these days.

John Washburn

"Chel van Gennip" wrote

BTW, I forgot to mention they are selling $32000.00 Speaker Cables too:
http://www.fatwyre.com/speaker5_04.html

Following a link from there gets you this handy list of tips for picking out
cables (I especially like the bit about discouraging A/B'ing cables, but
instead leaving everything overnight to settle:

Tips on comparative analysis of cables:

1. Many cables are directional. Please follow manufacturer's markings
regarding directionality. Also Cable Company inventory tags are attached to
cables at the "downstream" end.

2. Schedule cable auditions from The Cable Library for periods when you will
be able to devote ample listening time to the process. Plan on spending an
average of one evening of listening time for each cable being auditioned.

3. Don't pull cables in and out of your system for quick A/B comparisons. We
recommend allowing each cable to settle into your system at least overnight
before serious audition. This settling in process involves the constant
running of a signal through the cable to be tested, usually by means of a
tuner or CD player on repeat at low volume. The cables should also be left
in a constant physical position during settling in.Hook it up, turn it on,
and leave it alone until you're ready to listen.

4. Relax and listen to the music, not to the cable. Cables are perhaps the
easiest component to audition. The right cable will maximize your system's
existing strengths and minimize its weaknesses. (Insertion of active
components into your system may change the sound, rather than refining it.
This may leave the listener acknowledging the differences without being able
to decide what's better. Not so with cable. When your system has never
sounded better, you've found a good cable match.)

philicorda

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 13:08:59 -0600, Joe Sensor wrote:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

It's cheap at the price. If I don't use 'Counter OctoHelix construction
cables' with 'Spread Spectrum Technology', I can hardly bear to listen to
recorded music.

amicus

I got one that isn't as expensive, but is more outrageous considering what
it is:
http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Me...roduct_Count=2

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

Jay Kadis

Chel van Gennip wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:53:11 +0100, Chel van Gennip wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:08:59 +0100, Joe Sensor wrote:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR Your Price $7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

They are selling these things, so they are making serious money. But
what about power cords: $6,700.00, for 6', so over $1000.00 per foot!
http://www.fatwyre.com/power2_04.html For the best result use this cable
from your hifi set to the nearest power plant ;-)

BTW, I forgot to mention they are selling $32000.00 Speaker Cables too:
http://www.fatwyre.com/speaker5_04.html

Just the thing for your NS-10s.

-Jay

John O

1. Many cables are directional.

Would that be for DC audio?

3. Don't pull cables in and out of your system for quick A/B comparisons.
We
recommend allowing each cable to settle into your system at least
overnight
before serious audition.

I read about this on one of these sites. The serious guys claim it takes a
few weeks to 'burn-in' the cables. Only then can you hear the improvement of
a truly good cable.

All I know is I want some of what they're smokin'.

-John O

james of tucson

On 2004-12-02, Joe Sensor wrote:

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

The "What goes in is what comes out" claim would be their undoing,
provable if by nothing else, the Law of Conservation. If they
have 100% efficient conductivity, why stop at audio cable? Why not
go ahead and save the world?
james of tucson

George Gleason

Chel van Gennip wrote:

On 2004-12-02, Joe Sensor wrote:

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

The "What goes in is what comes out" claim would be their undoing,
provable if by nothing else, the Law of Conservation. If they have 100%
efficient conductivity, why stop at audio cable? Why not go ahead and
save the world?

Cost might be prohibitive if they do it.

George Bush already has that job :-O
George Gleason

Chel van Gennip wrote:

Arny Krueger

"EganMedia" wrote in message

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious? BRBR

At least your $7,600 buys something that will affect the ability to
use your stereo. At $999, these might even be a bigger ripoff (if
that's possible).

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...SHAKHALLOGRAPH

Or:

http://www.shakti-innovations.com/hallograph.htm

Another shakti innovation bites the dust:

www.randi.org/jr/080504string.html#8.

Willie K.Yee, M.D.

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:59:09 +0100, Chel van Gennip
wrote:
BTW, I forgot to mention they are selling $32000.00 Speaker Cables too:
http://www.fatwyre.com/speaker5_04.html

Ahhh. Now we are getting somewhere. This could add up to real money.

Willie K. Yee, M.D. http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band http://www.bigbluebigband.org

Nmm

"Joe Sensor" wrote in message
http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR
Your Price
$7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

Must be marketed towards Oxygen free Brains.

play-on

wrote:

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 20:08:59 +0100, Joe Sensor wrote:

http://www.amusicdirect.com/products...at=&sku=AAQEV8

AUDIOQUEST/EVEREST SPEAKER CABLE 8' PR Your Price $7,600.00

????

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

They are selling these things, so they are making serious money.

Yes, we are indeed living in a second gilded age.

Al

play-on

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 22:06:57 GMT, "John O"
wrote:

1. Many cables are directional.

Would that be for DC audio?

3. Don't pull cables in and out of your system for quick A/B comparisons.
We
recommend allowing each cable to settle into your system at least
overnight
before serious audition.

I read about this on one of these sites. The serious guys claim it takes a
few weeks to 'burn-in' the cables. Only then can you hear the improvement of
a truly good cable.

All I know is I want some of what they're smokin'.

I'd settle for some of that money they're makin'

Al

play-on

On 2004-12-02, Joe Sensor wrote:

Almost $1000.00 per foot! Are they serious?

The "What goes in is what comes out" claim would be their undoing,
provable if by nothing else, the Law of Conservation. If they have 100%
efficient conductivity, why stop at audio cable? Why not go ahead and
save the world?

Cost might be prohibitive if they do it.

George Bush already has that job :-O

And it is indeed very costly.

Al