Advocated

Default CD player wont play copies

Just wondering, anyone know if its possible to burn a copied cd in a certain
way so that it plays on a car CD player. At the moment it wont, so was
wondering if theres a way around it.

Cheers

Richard Melville

It depends on the CD player and on the copy. There is no way to know
precisely whether or not the player will work with a given copy.

I make "favorites" CDs from CDs that I already OWN with Easy CD 5, which is
about as simple minded as it gets. These play fine in my GM Bose unit in the
Corvette, or the Sony unit in the VW. They also work in my home systems.

"Advocated" wrote in message
Just wondering, anyone know if its possible to burn a copied cd in a

certain
way so that it plays on a car CD player. At the moment it wont, so was
wondering if theres a way around it.

Cheers

jwest

It also depends of the player. It is more common these days for copies to
work in car stereos, but not in older cars. I had a 98 jeep that wouldn't
play CD-Rs, but my 02 (also with stock premium radio) plays CD-Rs fine.

Also, be certain you are closing the cd when burning it. If you use ezcd or
Nero, just be sure to check all the possible options are set the way that
will yield the result you are looking for.

"Advocated" wrote in message
Just wondering, anyone know if its possible to burn a copied cd in a

certain
way so that it plays on a car CD player. At the moment it wont, so was
wondering if theres a way around it.

Cheers

wicked1

try using some high quality cdrs. I am a computer technician and forum
moderator at cdrlabs and I can say for sure most players will read cdrs it
just depends on the burners quality of burn and the disc quality. Try some
verbatim datalife plus or fuji made in japan discs to see if that solves the
problem. Some burners just dont burn well at high speeds. Try burning them
at 8x or so see if that helps.Need more ideas? post some more computer specs
as that will help or email me.

"Advocated" wrote in message
Just wondering, anyone know if its possible to burn a copied cd in a

certain
way so that it plays on a car CD player. At the moment it wont, so was
wondering if theres a way around it.

Cheers

Charles B. Summers

No one mentioned "Finalizing" the CD after burning it... They usually won't
play on any other CD player until finalized.

--
Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com