Marc Phillips

Default Who?

By the way, I saw The Who last night at the Hollywood Bowl, and they were
really, really ****ing great. Two words: Zack Starkey.

Boon
GeoSynch

Boon gushed:

By the way, I saw The Who last night at the Hollywood Bowl, and they were
really, really ****ing great. Two words: Zack Starkey.

Ringo junior?

GeoSynch

Marc Phillips

GeoSynch said:

Boon gushed:

By the way, I saw The Who last night at the Hollywood Bowl, and they were
really, really ****ing great. Two words: Zack Starkey.

Ringo junior?

Yep. He doesn't sound anything like Dad, though he does look like him.

Boon

GeoSynch

dave weil wrote:

STILL, how many times can The Who quit and reform?

Here comes the new band ... same as the old band ....
mining the same old teenage wasteland.

At least Moony lived up - so to speak - to the
"My Generation" imploration.

GeoSynch

Lionel

"GeoSynch" a écrit dans le message news:
t...
dave weil wrote:

STILL, how many times can The Who quit and reform?

Here comes the new band ... same as the old band ....
mining the same old teenage wasteland.

This is what I call the "Disney Rock'n'Roll".
A money machine for children which interests above all the parents. ;-)

At least Moony lived up - so to speak - to the
"My Generation" imploration.

Moony, Brian Jones, Syd Barett... Remains the money machines.

dave weil

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:01:18 +0200, "Lionel"
wrote:

"GeoSynch" a écrit dans le message news:
et...
dave weil wrote:

STILL, how many times can The Who quit and reform?

Here comes the new band ... same as the old band ....
mining the same old teenage wasteland.

This is what I call the "Disney Rock'n'Roll".
A money machine for children which interests above all the parents. ;-)

At least Moony lived up - so to speak - to the
"My Generation" imploration.

Moony, Brian Jones, Syd Barett... Remains the money machines.

You should stick with jazz since you don't know much about popular
music.
Marc Phillips

Paul Dormer said:

"Marc Phillips" emitted :

By the way, I saw The Who last night at the Hollywood Bowl, and they were
really, really ****ing great. Two words: Zack Starkey.

Ringo junior?

Yep. He doesn't sound anything like Dad, though he does look like him.

Has he left Oasis already? Noel must be gutted..

He's been on the last couple of tours, anyway.

BTW, I hate Oasis.

Boon
GeoSynch

'Jerry Lewis' quipped:

At least Moony lived up - so to speak - to the
"My Generation" imploration.

Moony, Brian Jones, Syd Barett... Remains the money machines.

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond..."

GeoSynch

Marc Phillips

Paul said:

"Marc Phillips" emitted :

By the way, I saw The Who last night at the Hollywood Bowl, and they

were
really, really ****ing great. Two words: Zack Starkey.

Ringo junior?

Yep. He doesn't sound anything like Dad, though he does look like him.

Has he left Oasis already? Noel must be gutted..

He's been on the last couple of tours, anyway.

BTW, I hate Oasis.

Why do you *hate* them?? This is something I find difficult to grasp
about Oasis - the so often polarized views of onlookers.

Have you heard the opening few bars of "Bring It On Down"? Comments?

I think Noel's voice is unusually flat and grating, for starters. I think they
tend to make their songs about three minutes too long, too. I really don't
hate them...but I do wonder what the fuss was all about.

Boon

Marc Phillips

Paul said:

"Marc Phillips" emitted :

Why do you *hate* them?? This is something I find difficult to grasp
about Oasis - the so often polarized views of onlookers.

Have you heard the opening few bars of "Bring It On Down"? Comments?

I think Noel's voice is unusually flat and grating, for starters. I think

they
tend to make their songs about three minutes too long, too. I really don't
hate them...but I do wonder what the fuss was all about.

They're local lads, so I'm probably biased. It's *classic* R'n'R to
me, very much in the tradition of The Beatles or The La's and with
just as much attitude. The opening of the track above is a stonking
wall of sound like no other! (Warning.. extreme use of compression).
Now the Manic Street Preachers and Stereophonics on the other hand...
unadulterated ****e ;-) Can't see the appeal whatsoever, the songs are
trite and the artists posturing. At least the Gallaghers are true to
themselves..

One night I was forced to listen to "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" and the
one that immediately followed it, all in a row. I kind OD'd a little bit on
them. Purely subjective, I know...the band's good, but Noel's voice does annoy
me. I guess you and I had to diverge somewhere on our musical tastes! ;-)

BTW have you heard the leaked Prodigy album? It's PHENOMENAL. Album of
the year so far IMO.

I'll check it out. The only electronica I've purchased recently was
M83's...and it was a bit overrated. All the critics are raving about how great
it is, but it sounds like a Klaus Schulze/Tangerine Dream retread to me.

The only albums I've really liked this year are Sufjan Stevens' "Seven Swans"
and the new Modest Mouse.

In fact get ready cos I'm going to post you a
copy (with that DVD I neglected to send several times over.. doh!)

Yeah...I was wunderin' 'bout that...;-)

Boon