computer

Default Number of drivers vs DB

I have 2 questions about the number of drivers and DB.

1) Lets say we have two 10" drivers each in their own enclosure and two
500W amps. Assume that a 500W amp powers each driver and each driver is
capable of generating 122 db on its own. If we put both 122 db drivers
right next to each other how many db will the two drivers generate
together?

2) Lets say we have a 10" driver in an enclosure being driven by a 500W
amp. This setup is capable of generating 122 db. Lets now split the power
from the one amp across two of the 10" drivers, each in their own
enclosure. Each driver will now get 250W and the db output drops to 122 db
- 3 db = 119 db.

If we put the two 250W (119 db) drivers next to each other what will the
combined output be? Will it exceed the 122 db generated by the single
driver on the 500W amp?
Chris Berry

+3db @1m as 122dB would also be @1m

2) Lets say we have a 10" driver in an enclosure being driven by a 500W
amp. This setup is capable of generating 122 db. Lets now split the

power
from the one amp across two of the 10" drivers, each in their own
enclosure. Each driver will now get 250W and the db output drops to 122

db
- 3 db = 119 db.

Only if it's a valve amp and you set the impedance selector for the proper
load.
Usually, you'd have 1/2 the impedance and the same voltage therefore the
drivers produce +6dB together.

If we put the two 250W (119 db) drivers next to each other what will the
combined output be? Will it exceed the 122 db generated by the single
driver on the 500W amp?

see above.
cb