Martin

Default Ceramic Tile Studio Floor

As far as acoustics go is a Ceramic tile studio floor as good as any other
hard surface flooring?

Scott Dorsey

In article 8s_lb.160497$9l5.148408@pd7tw2no, Martin wrote:
As far as acoustics go is a Ceramic tile studio floor as good as any other
hard surface flooring?

It's way more reflective than even parquet. Way, way more reflective.
Dave Martin

wrote:
As far as acoustics go is a Ceramic tile studio floor as good as any

other
hard surface flooring?

It's way more reflective than even parquet. Way, way more reflective.
--scott

Which may or may not be a good thing...

I've got a tile floor in one of my iso booths. Currently there's an area rug
in there, but once I get the treatment on the ceiling done, I'll pull it
out.
--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Dave Martin

"Martin" wrote in message
Dave,

Why did you put tile in your iso booth, and not wood like the rest of your
studio?

Martin

Multiple reasons - first, that iso booth has a door leading to the outside,
and will (whenever I get the driveway around the building finished) be the
load-in door for cartage. Second, I wanted to have the option of a different
sound in one of the isos (not as dramatic as doing a Hidley 'Stone Room",
but at least another option). Third, It is cheaper than wood, and fourth, I
was really, really tired of putting down wood floors at that point, and the
carpenter would put the tile down by himself...

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio

Martin

Dave,

I see. Do you find much of a difference in sound between the tile and wood?
I understand that ceramic tile is more reflective in the upper frequencies.
(See my post at alt.sci.physics.acoustics) But I'm curious if you notice the
difference?

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

Dave Martin

"Martin" wrote in message
newsLInb.211343$pl3.66326@pd7tw3no...
Dave,

I see. Do you find much of a difference in sound between the tile and

wood?
I understand that ceramic tile is more reflective in the upper

frequencies.
(See my post at alt.sci.physics.acoustics) But I'm curious if you notice

the
difference?

Yes, I hear a difference, but I'm minimizing it by putting a rug down in
that room. until I can do the ceiling treatment (eliminating flutter echo)
from that room. I'm not going to worry overmuch about the sound of the bare
floor until I can hear it without flutter..

--
Dave Martin
Java Jive Studio