Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

Default Recent post provides useful datum

Somebody posted on here a good and legitimate question on a problem
with a PA/SR oriented product, regarding the Speakon connectors on his
rig.

It got no comment from the usual collection of losers here.

Most of you losers, and you know who you are, don't know what Speakon
connectors are.

High end fraudio doesn't use them.

Why not? It's because high end fraudio is a cult of masturbators and
cock size worshippers.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article
,
Bret L wrote:

cock size worshippers.

Irony alert.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

cock size worshippers.

Irony alert.

Noticing and worshipping are two different things.

What I find interesting is not the actual size of others' members.
What I find interesting is the prevarication and substitutions made,
not so much by gays but by other heterosexual men, for what is simply
biological fact the pecking order is to some extent the peckering
order. That's why Ferrari Daytonas and Cremona violins and Howard
Dumble guitar amplifiers bring big money.....it's an extension of the
pecker order. Once the group arbitrarily decides what is desireable,
the alpha males start going after it no matter how ludicrous.

In Holland, tulip bulbs were the thing for awhile. Today, they're,
well, just tulip bulbs. In fifty years no one will want a Dumble
amplifier, but there will be something as yet unimaginable they'll all
be nuts for.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 11, 1:51*am, Bret L wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

[...]

And if you were around then you'd still be stroking your weenie and
pretending that it's big.

Some things never change.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 11, 1:36*am, Bret L wrote:
*Somebody posted on here a good and legitimate question on a problem
with a PA/SR oriented product, regarding the Speakon connectors on his
rig.

*It got no comment from the usual collection of losers here.

*Most of you losers, and you know who you are, don't know what Speakon
connectors are.

*High end fraudio doesn't use them.

*Why not? It's because high end fraudio is a cult of masturbators and
cock size worshippers.

I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5 loudspeakers, and they
use Speakon connectors. I found them to be problematic since they
didn't always seat properly.

Aside from that, I didn't contribute to the thread because the OP was
getting plenty of usable advice.

Stop trying to rationalize your own ****ty existence here. You also
spam the group with OT topics and violate the Usenet charter. There's
a big difference between that and not getting involved with every
single audio-related thread that appears. Dumbass.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 11, 1:51*am, Bret L wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

[...]

With this and your obsession with "sizequeens," it's obvious that you
have a tiny pecker. Is that why you post so much on Friday and
Saturday nights?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On Oct 11, 2:51*am, Bret L wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

[...]

Maybe someday you will outgrow your obsession
with MM's corpse.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5 loudspeakers, and they
use Speakon connectors. I found them to be problematic since they
didn't always seat properly.

Were they genuine Neutrik? If so then Neutrik QC is slipping.
Usually their stuff is excellent.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Oct 11, 9:27*am, Boon wrote:
On Oct 11, 1:51*am, Bret L wrote:

On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

[...]

Well, you know, even a 747 looks small in the Grand Canyon....
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 1:58*am, Bret L wrote:
On Oct 11, 9:27*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 11, 1:51*am, Bret L wrote:

On Oct 11, 1:37*am, Jenn wrote:

In article
,
*Bret L wrote:

[...]

Then you should probably give up the 60-year-old prostitutes.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:
I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5 loudspeakers, and they
use Speakon connectors. I found them to be problematic since they
didn't always seat properly.

*Were they genuine Neutrik? If so then Neutrik QC is slipping.
Usually their stuff is excellent.

Genuine. The last I heard, Gradient was going to start using another
connector.

I've had other problems with Neutrik, such as the circumference of the
connector being so big that they were incompatible with output jacks
that were spaced too closely together.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 5:13*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

I recently reviewed the Gradient Helsinki 1.5 loudspeakers, and they
use Speakon connectors. I found them to be problematic since they
didn't always seat properly.

*Were they genuine Neutrik? If so then Neutrik QC is slipping.
Usually their stuff is excellent.

Genuine. The last I heard, Gradient was going to start using another
connector.

I've had other problems with Neutrik, such as the circumference of the
connector being so big that they were incompatible with output jacks
that were spaced too closely together.

Why do you make up stupid stuff to put on an appearance of knowledge?
It just reveals you *to be the ever the bigger fool and fraud.

Anyway, *Here's the chassis connectors.

http://www.neutrikusa.com/fl/en/audi..._Chassis_Conne...

*How *do you propose to space them to closely to be incompatible with
plugs?
*Stack them? LoL.

Dip****...Neutrik makes more than Speakon connectors. Remember my Rega
P25? That had Neutrik RCAs that barely fit into the jacks of most
amps.

You can't be this ****ing stupid. Apologize for calling me a fraud,
you dumb piece of ****.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

*Hey moron....look at the thread.

Remember my Rega

*The one you put on an iolation table that made the thing honk like a
foghorn at 30 Hz? *LoL.
*Yeah, that was a sign of extraordinary competence.

P25? That had Neutrik RCAs that barely fit into the jacks of most
amps.

You can't be this ****ing stupid. Apologize for calling me a fraud,
you dumb piece of ****.

*Does that get your blood sugar out of whack? *LoL.
You're a fraud. *A technological know-nothing who needs an IT guy to
tell him he's using dial up.
BTW, a real IT dept. wouldn't allow a computer with AOL crap connected
to their net inside the firewall. * Our system would have disabled the
port about 10 seconds after you booted up. *I'll bet your "IT guy" is
a kid from JC who was shaking his head at the idiot they just hired.

My, we're extra-angry today.

Did you catch the wife in bed with the pool guy?

(You shouldn't blame her. He's probably better in bed than you are.)
LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

In other words, you're wrong about the Neutriks and you can't admit
it, so now you have to talk about something else. A real man can admit
when he's wrong. You're not a real man. You're just another middle-
aged guy who has been neutered by life, and now you have troll and
spam Usenet groups to work out your frustrations about your life.

Just admit you were wrong about the Neutriks, and then we can move on
to why you're wrong about all that other stuff, too.

****ing pussy. I ashamed to have ever let you into my house.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

She's way too hot for him. But I caught her rolling her eyes at him
disdainfully more than once when his back was turned. Between that and
the Mercedes, I think we know the score.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bret L Bret L is offline

On Oct 12, 5:13 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

snip

Why do you make up stupid stuff to put on an appearance of knowledge?
It just reveals you to be the ever the bigger fool and fraud.

Anyway, Here's the chassis connectors.

http://www.neutrikusa.com/fl/en/audi..._Chassis_Conne...

How do you propose to space them to closely to be incompatible with
plugs?
Stack them? LoL.

ScottW

In all fairness to V'n's'n'h, I even figured he was talking about RCA
inputs. Their RCA is kind of fat, although it has to be said that
consumo connectors aren't their core competency.

This may be because their goal, obviously, is to provide an
engineering level of standards to this connector format despite its
inherent stinkiness.

Sometimes on equipment with BNCs they have a tight spacing do that
when banana to center adapters are used a standard banana will fit
them. HOWEVER, I've never seen that with RCAs, and also the CE
standards specifically banish the standard dual banana jack spacing
that has been around for 80 years because some obscure country has
several kinds of power outlets one of which is this spacing. So now we
have a New Standard Spacing, except there are actually two or three,
and none of them interchange of course.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 12, 11:13*pm, Boon wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:20*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

* I don't really care.

Then stop responding to me, you worthless ****.

Why have you promoted 2pid? He doesn't deserve it. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,

On Oct 12, 11:13*pm, Boon wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:20*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

* I don't really care.

Then stop responding to me, you worthless ****.

Why have you promoted 2pid? He doesn't deserve it. LoL.

Who knew he was frustrated for all these years because no one cared to
engage in the all-out flame war he evidently craves?

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 12:51*am, Bret L wrote:
[...]

Thanks. Now let's see if Scott can be a man and apologize.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Apparently 2pid's version of the American 'dream' is keeping a woman
so miserable that she has to go do transient work in the fields just
to get away from him. LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 12, 7:04*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 1:57*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Or buy her a Mercedes so she'll come home after "girls' night out."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Since Scott's too much of a pussy to admit he's wrong...

On Oct 12, 9:41*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

You're a fraud. *A technological know-nothing who needs an IT guy to
tell him he's using dial up.

No, the IT guy said, "you're not on dial-up. I don't know why it says
that. ****in' AOL. You need to ditch that once and for good."

BTW, a real IT dept. wouldn't allow a computer with AOL crap connected
to their net inside the firewall.

IT department? What IT department? Did I say it was an IT department?

* Our system would have disabled the
port about 10 seconds after you booted up. *I'll bet your "IT guy" is
a kid from JC

No, my IT guy is someone who has a very successful business in
Virginia and is expanding to Texas.

who was shaking his head at the idiot they just hired.

No one hired me. In fact, I'm in charge. I have 18 years of management
experience and 8 years of telecom experience. I write the sales copy,
I pay the bills, I handle the advertising. I take care of the business
end of it. Someone else handles the technical end of it. If I learn a
few things along the way, cool. But you seem to think I'm trying to
pass myself off as a computer tech. I've never done that, not once.
It's your functional illiteracy that causes you to make these
monstrous blunders.

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug. And you seem to like it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug. And you seem to like it.

I'll tell you one thing for su He LOVES it when Mistress Jenn crushes him
like a bug.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug. And you seem to like it.

I'll tell you one thing for su He LOVES it when Mistress Jenn crushes him
like a bug.

So he's bi?

I didn't realize masochism is always sexual in nature. grrr...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default The Scottie Meltdown

On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 13, 10:49*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 9:41*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

You're a fraud. *A technological know-nothing who needs an IT guy to
tell him he's using dial up.

No, the IT guy said, "you're not on dial-up. I don't know why it says
that. ****in' AOL. You need to ditch that once and for good."

*He had that right. * Now why would someone with broadband connection
use a dialup speed server? * Oh yeah...there an idiot.

We went through this already. I use Firefox and Microsoft Live. I only
keep the AOL account to answer emails because I have nearly 12 years
of columns that list that address. The link to RAO was on that. Notice
how I quickly changed it about five minutes after I saw the header? Do
you think my cable company ran out and installed high-speed within
five minutes? Jesus Christ, get over it.

BTW, a real IT dept. wouldn't allow a computer with AOL crap connected
to their net inside the firewall.

IT department? What IT department? Did I say it was an IT department?

Sorry, I thought you worked for a company....now I see it's a garage
shop
using Mobile Geeks for IT.

It is a company. It's not a garage shop. Quit guessing.

* Our system would have disabled the

port about 10 seconds after you booted up. *I'll bet your "IT guy" is
a kid from JC

No, my IT guy is someone who has a very successful business in
Virginia and is expanding to Texas.

* Kyle Texas.....A Boon in the Boonies.

20 miles from Austin, 50 miles from San Antonio. Next to San Marcos,
home of Texas State University (where LBJ went). It's a great
location...that's why I chose it.

who was shaking his head at the idiot they just hired.

No one hired me.

* The in-laws gave you a job? *LoL.

Nope. Guessing again, wrong again. This is the third time I've owned
my own business. How many have you owned?

(snip another usenet resume full of contradiction, the telecom guy
with lots of cut and snip and splice experience).

And yet you're not smart enough to explain those contradictions. Every
time you snip, a little bit of your shriveled 50-year-old penis falls
to the ground.

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug.

Delusion noted. * But at least your consistent.

I agree. I consistently crush you into the ground like a bug. (That's
a musical reference, BTW.)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 2:07*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 12, 10:51*pm, Bret L wrote:

On Oct 12, 5:13 pm, ScottW2 wrote:

snip

Why do you make up stupid stuff to put on an appearance of knowledge?
It just reveals you *to be the ever the bigger fool and fraud.

Anyway, *Here's the chassis connectors.

http://www.neutrikusa.com/fl/en/audi..._Chassis_Conne....

*How *do you propose to space them to closely to be incompatible with
plugs?
*Stack them? LoL.

ScottW

*In all fairness to V'n's'n'h, I even figured he was talking about RCA
inputs. Their RCA is kind of fat, although it has to be said that
consumo connectors aren't their core competency.

*The profi is fat with ground before signal contacts and that is
hardly
"consumo".

*The Neutrik basic RCA aren't any fatter than what Monster uses with
their tornado
contact.

*None of which explains why anyone with mechanical fit issues on RCAs
would
use that to smear their speakons.

That would be like using Boons resume to characterize all telecom
people.
The simple fact that our phones work show how insanse that would be.

You want to try all that again in English, dip****? Wow, you're
rattled.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 2:10*pm, ScottW2 wrote:
On Oct 13, 5:36*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 13, 12:51*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

*I'm sorry you're technically ignorant, incompetent, a fraud, and you
like NAMBLA supporters as babysitters.

I'm sorry that you're illiterate, your wife makes faces at you when
your back is turned, your kid is a juvenile delinquent and you have
nothing better to do with your life than spam an audio group with OT
links to right wing blogs. BTW, that's all verified. The things you
said about me? Made up.

I win.

*I'm also sorry you have crap gear with tightly spaced RCA jacks that
causes you to erroneously blame Neutrik speakon connectors for your
problem.

I don't have gear with tightly spaced RCA jacks. Jesus, you can't get
anything right these days. Perhaps night school could help.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 1:56*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Boon said:

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug. And you seem to like it.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default Boons fraud continues

On Oct 13, 10:49*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 12, 9:41*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

You're a fraud. *A technological know-nothing who needs an IT guy to
tell him he's using dial up.

No, the IT guy said, "you're not on dial-up. I don't know why it says
that. ****in' AOL. You need to ditch that once and for good."

*He had that right. * Now why would someone with broadband connection
use a dialup speed server? * Oh yeah...there an idiot.

We went through this already. I use Firefox and Microsoft Live. I only
keep the AOL account to answer emails because I have nearly 12 years
of columns that list that address. The link to RAO was on that. Notice
how I quickly changed it about five minutes after I saw the header?

*The one I provided showing how ignorant and wrong you were? *LoL.

No, the one where my IT guy said you were full of ****.

*Do
you think my cable company ran out and installed high-speed within
five minutes? Jesus Christ, get over it.

*Your cable companies love fools paying for 5M and using 55k.

Um...I told you I used it for two things. Do I need 55K to read emails
and post to RAO?

BTW, a real IT dept. wouldn't allow a computer with AOL crap connected
to their net inside the firewall.

IT department? What IT department? Did I say it was an IT department?

Sorry, I thought you worked for a company....now I see it's a garage
shop
using Mobile Geeks for IT.

It is a company. It's not a garage shop. Quit guessing.

*Prove it. *Business doesn't have you too busy to respond instantly.

Actually, I'm responding during breaks. I'm very busy today. I have to
deliver work for two clients.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 5:36*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 13, 12:51*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

*LoL. *My wife makes faces, yours screwed other men.
My kid is a delinquent in college.
Yours have special needs.
My kid has a cadillac health care plan, you can't afford health care
for
yours.
I have a stable job and a very well funded retirement.
You're on another new career startup at age 50 with little to
show from your past failures.

*Face reality, you're a petty vindictive liar with a history of
failure and nothing but trash talk.

Let's see...if your wife makes faces behind your back, she may be
screwing other men. Or at least she's looking. As far as my wife goes,
unless you're the one who screwed her (and she told me thought you
were an obnoxious dork), you're making things up.

You have a stable job and a well-funded retirement. Sounds like you're
stuck without any opportunities, and in twenty years you'll be sitting
around waiting to die. But you'll have money in the bank. Wow.

Again with the "I can't afford healthcare." And yet I have it. Another
lie.

I'm not 50. You are...at least. Remember, I'm younger than you.

One of my kids is in a gifted school and has already picked out his
college path, even though he's in 9th grade. He gets straight As. He
doesn't have a criminal record. The other son, the one you like to
pick on, is starting an apprenticeship in the film industry. So he'll
probably make more money than you and I put together.

Successful businessmen are always starting new ventures. Failures are
the ones who stay put year after year and tell themselves they're
happy because they have a good retirement plan. Like I said, I
wouldn't trade lives with you in a million years. If you want to trade
wives for a night, that's another story.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The VinylFraud Meltdown

On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

(snip another usenet resume full of contradiction, the telecom guy
with lots of cut and snip and splice experience).

I'd like to see your resume, 2pid. (I don't have one. I have a CV.
LoL.)

No? It's as I thought: you hand out towels in the men's room for a
living. Why else would your wife work as a transient field laborer?
LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 13, 3:39*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 13, 1:59*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

(snip another usenet resume full of contradiction, the telecom guy
with lots of cut and snip and splice experience).

I'd like to see your resume, 2pid. (I don't have one. I have a CV.
LoL.)

No? It's as I thought: you hand out towels in the men's room for a
living. Why else would your wife work as a transient field laborer?
LoL.

Since he's a corporate stooge, it's a very short resume. He probably
likes to pad it with items like "saving RAO from itself." LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 13, 2:18*pm, ScottW2 wrote:

*Prove it. *Business doesn't have you too busy to respond instantly.

LOL!

Irony noted.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

Boon said:

As long as you try to engage me through written communication, I will
always crush you into the ground like a bug. And you seem to like it.

I'll tell you one thing for su He LOVES it when Mistress Jenn crushes him
like a bug.

So he's bi?

I didn't realize masochism is always sexual in nature. grrr...

Look at it this way. Scott, amazingly enough, has a totally hot wife.
Yet he chooses to spend a huge chunk of his time spamming an audio
group with OT political posts. If it was me, I'd be spending every
spare moment making her happy. And I wouldn't need to buy her a
Mercedes to do it, either.

Apparently drugs like Viagra and Cialis aren't 100% effective.

Poor Mrs. 2pid! No wonder she went for the pool guy!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 13, 5:36*am, Boon wrote:

On Oct 13, 12:51*am, Bret L wrote:

[...]

Admission that your wife finds you repugnant noted.

My kid is a delinquent in college.
Yours have special needs.

Ah, here's a gem from 2pid. This must be that "compassionate
conservatism" we always hear about. Nice illustration, dum-dum!

BTW, what did your delinquent offspring do, 2pid? I find it
interesting you compare a choice your criminal little boy willingly
made with special needs, especially considering your autism.

So what is junior, 2pid? A gang-banger? A druggie? A thief? Do tell.
LoL.

My kid has a cadillac health care plan, you can't afford health care
for
yours.

You like gnawing this fake bone, don't you, 2pid? LoL.

Here, gnaw on this: My health insurance is better than yours is, 2pid.
I wish healthcare insurance was more affordable. LoL.

I have a stable job and a very well funded retirement.
You're on another new career startup at age 50 with little to
show from your past failures.

Even if what you say is true and I had to choose, 2pid, I'd rather be
Boon.

You see, you're an angry imbecile and Boon isn't. LoL.

*Face reality

You first. Which of these apply to Boon, and which apply to you:
Angry, inability to communicate clearly, selfish, ignorant, misplaced
priorities, dull, unintelligent, socially inept, shallow?

LoL. It's a trick question, dum-dum. Be careful! LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

*Prove it. *Business doesn't have you too busy to respond instantly.

Irony noted.

Did you forget that Scottie is living his "American dream"? That apparently
means stealing all the time he wants from his employer so he can be the butt
of jokes on Usenet.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

No? It's as I thought: you hand out towels in the men's room for a
living. Why else would your wife work as a transient field laborer?
LoL.

Since he's a corporate stooge, it's a very short resume. He probably
likes to pad it with items like "saving RAO from itself." LoL.

I wonder if he puts down "cashing in stock options to buy my bitch wife a
fancy sports car" or "raiding 401(K) to bail useless son out of jail".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 13, 2:53*pm, Boon wrote:

If you want to trade
wives for a night, that's another story.

The pool guy told me that if you talk with her and don't just roll
over when you're done and turn on the TV to check the sports scores
she'll think you're the best lover ever.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

On Oct 13, 5:06*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:
In article
,

*Boon wrote:
20 miles from Austin, 50 miles from San Antonio. Next to San Marcos,
home of Texas State University (where LBJ went). It's a great
location...that's why I chose it.

Not the nearby Carl's Jr? :-)

I actually saw my first Carl's Jr. here the other day. I was wondering
if you had 'em (not that I like them).

Just two in the area and they're new this year.

But honestly...do you think you have enough Whataburgers here?

Inexplicable state favorite. OTOH, the drive to Houston is punctuated by
Sonic stops.

Texas Monthly just did a 50 best burgers article. Locals on the list
include Mighty Fine, very traditional, and Burger Tex, Korean.

IH-35 is turning into one giant strip mall from Austin to San Antonio.

Thank God for Hill Country. I've had some fun treks out toward
Dripping Springs.

Nice country roads! There are even wineries out there.

I also recommend the bbq pilgrimage to Lockhart. As a California native,
I found it mind-blowing.

Stephen