Review - Peavey AMR 2400 console

Old August 21st 03, 12:37 PM
news.verizon.net

Default Review - Peavey AMR 2400 console

Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
up one if the $$ is right.

How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
32. 8buss.

Greatly appreciated!!

Old August 21st 03, 04:25 PM

news.verizon.net > wrote:
>Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
>this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?

It's been many years since I used one, but as I recall it was a fairly
clean and usable console. Certainly underrated back then.

>I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
>up one if the $$ is right.

If you don't have a particular one in mind, and you haven't used one before,
why are you asking?

>How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
>32. 8buss.

I have no real idea, since it's been so long. I'd rather use almost anything
over the Mackie 8-buss, though.
Old August 21st 03, 07:40 PM
news.verizon.net

> >I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might

pick
> >up one if the $$ is right.

> If you don't have a particular one in mind, and you haven't used one

before,
> why are you asking?

Did you read my subject line???

> >How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a

Mackie
> >32. 8buss.

> I have no real idea, since it's been so long. I'd rather use almost

anything
> over the Mackie 8-buss, though.
> --scott

Okay Boss!

Old August 22nd 03, 03:43 PM
Richard Kuschel

>Can someone give me their honest and best hands-on or hearsey experience on
>this console please? How is it for a main studio mixer?
>
>I would appreciate even hearsey-evidence at this point; since I might pick
>up one if the $$ is right.
>
>How does it compare with soundcraft (ghost or the holy spirit), or a Mackie
>32. 8buss.
>
>Greatly appreciated!!

I have the smaller console the 1600, which is the same except for the # of
channels and submasters.

What you will need to do is dis-assemble the board and clean every fader,
switch and pot with Caig DeOxit.

This is a board that you can do this channel at a time.

Unlike modern boards, this one can be worked on and upgraded easily as the
system is modular.

The only thing that I find disconcerting on my board is that the monitor sends
on the monitor section are post fader, but that is a minor annoyance.

The preamps are very good and the EQ is usable, which puts it head and
shoulders above the Mackie.

If you called me at the studio next week, I would be happy to discuss it with
you.

There was a 2400 for sale on this newsgroup a few days ago.
Richard H. Kuschel

Bose 901 Review William Sommerwerck General 149 January 8th 05 05:49 PM
FS: AMR 2400 Mixing Console Vigilante Pro Audio 0 August 18th 03 09:56 PM
Mixing console Didier Morel Pro Audio 30 July 27th 03 10:31 PM
World First! Halcro dm10 pre-amplifier review! Steven R. Rochlin General 0 July 9th 03 03:52 AM
Help with my Ghidra console/ NEVE/API/Trident etc Aaron Householter Pro Audio 4 July 3rd 03 07:58 PM