Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Default 9 pin octals

Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Yves Monmagnon Yves Monmagnon is offline

"Raymond Koonce" a écrit dans le message de news:
Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key in
the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond

Have a look at some relays socket ?
This one has eleven pins !
http://radiospares-fr.rs-online.com/...ct&R=457279 5

Yves.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Nick Gorham Nick Gorham is offline

Raymond Koonce wrote:
Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond

These may be what you need

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Sovie...742.m153.l1262

--
Nick
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

"Raymond Koonce"

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key in
the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

** This look like it ?

There is no key way & the pins a smaller dia than for octals.

http://www.tubedepot.com/sk-9pinx.html

....... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Nick Gorham wrote:
Raymond Koonce wrote:
Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond

These may be what you need

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Original-Sovie...742.m153.l1262

Not quite. The transformers I have are made with a central locating key
exactly as is on a standard octal tube (6L6, etc.). Instead of having
eight pins, they have nine equally spaced pins. At first I mistook the
sockets as being regular octals, until I tried to plug them into one.

Raymond

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

Phil Allison wrote:
"Raymond Koonce"
I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key in
the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

** This look like it ?

There is no key way & the pins a smaller dia than for octals.

http://www.tubedepot.com/sk-9pinx.html

...... Phil

Nope, that's not it. These have a key exactly like a regular octal tube
(6L6, 6SN7, etc.). The transformers I have are for microphone inputs to
a PA amplifier.
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phil Allison Phil Allison is offline

Raymond Koonce"

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

** This look like it ?

There is no key way & the pins a smaller dia than for octals.

http://www.tubedepot.com/sk-9pinx.html

Nope, that's not it. These have a key exactly like a regular octal tube
(6L6, 6SN7, etc.). The transformers I have are for microphone inputs to a
PA amplifier.

** Must be ancient and totally obsolete.

Better change the plug itself to an octal.

...... Phil

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On May 28, 8:51*am, Raymond Koonce wrote:
Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. *They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond

This one?

Maybe here?

http://www.customconnector.com/product_line.htm

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

In article ,
Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

If someone finds a source for these, I would be interested in hearing
about it, as I have a pair of line transformers with 9 pin "octal" type
bases that I want to use in a project, and need sockets for.

Regards,

John Byrns

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
RapidRonnie RapidRonnie is offline

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

If someone finds a source for these, I would be interested in hearing
about it, as I have a pair of line transformers with 9 pin "octal" type
bases that I want to use in a project, and need sockets for.

My post should be there but in case something went wrong...

Amphenol MIP 9 (same pin circle as octal) $14.00

http://www.leedsradio.com/parts-sockets.html

There's also a British nine pin that looks a lot like an octal or
loktal but isn't. The Amp 9 is a true oddball. 11 and 20 pin "octals"
are common.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

flipper wrote:
On Wed, 28 May 2008 07:51:26 -0500, Raymond Koonce
wrote:

Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond

Amphenol MIP 9 (same pin circle as octal) $14.00

http://www.leedsradio.com/parts-sockets.html

I think that's what I need. Thanks for the link.

Raymond
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

In article ,
flipper wrote:

On Wed, 28 May 2008 12:14:50 -0500, John Byrns

Raymond Koonce wrote:

Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

If someone finds a source for these, I would be interested in hearing
about it, as I have a pair of line transformers with 9 pin "octal" type
bases that I want to use in a project, and need sockets for.

My post should be there but in case something went wrong...

Amphenol MIP 9 (same pin circle as octal) $14.00

http://www.leedsradio.com/parts-sockets.html

Yes, that looks like it, although the price is a bit steep. I'd rather
pay maybe $5.00, $14.00 for something worth maybe $0.25 seems excessive,
but then it is rare. For $14.00 you can nearly buy a few old amps for
parts and pull the sockets.

Regards,

John Byrns

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Raymond Koonce Raymond Koonce is offline

flipper wrote:

wrote:

Hi RATs,

I'm looking for a couple of nine pin "octal" sockets for some input
transformers I have. They look like a regular octal socket with a key
in the center, but they have nine evenly spaced pins instead of eight.

TIA,

Raymond
Amphenol MIP 9 (same pin circle as octal) $14.00

http://www.leedsradio.com/parts-sockets.html

I think that's what I need.

After finding that one I did try a generic search with "MIP 9" but
"MIP" is apparently a general description for 'molded-in pin', or some
such thing, and not a 'part' or 'type' designation as I found many
Amphenol connectors described as 'MIP', none of which were even
remotely close, and the Amphenol site didn't know what 'MIP' was when
I did a part search there.

The way Leads Radio lists it, though, along with other 'octal' sockets
and the comment it's the same circle as octal sure sounds right but
I'd email, or call, just to make sure.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.

Raymond

Well, I emailed Leeds and they're looking for some MIP 9 sockets too, so
I'm back on search for them.

Best regards,

Raymond
Posted to rec.audio.tubes

wrote:

[...]

This is what I'm looking for.

http://www.tonewheelgeneral.com/buil...tem_no=AMPH-9F

Raymond
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

Amphenol MIP 9 (same pin circle as octal) $14.00

http://www.leedsradio.com/parts-sockets.html

Yes, that looks like it, although the price is a bit steep. I'd rather
pay maybe $5.00, $14.00 for something worth maybe $0.25 seems excessive,
but then it is rare. For $14.00 you can nearly buy a few old amps for
parts and pull the sockets.

What kind of old amps can you buy for $14.00? Not in 2008, not on
this planet.

About any old piece of **** will bring $50 on eBay.

Besides, NONE of them will have a 9 pin octal socket!

Your sense of economics is worse than the failed one of Marx. The 9
pin octal socket is worth very much more than a regular one if you
need it because they are very uncommon. Even regular ones cost more
than 25 cents now to make-probably close to a dollar for good ones,
fifty cents for the super cheapos. Now you could buy the 9 pin octal
for fifty cents too-if you order twenty or fifty thousand.

If you were to make a set of injection molds to make a 9 pin octal,
you'd realize why.

There is virtually no market for 9 pin octals. They are so rare that
yours is the first time I have ever heard of one being sought after.
As Bret said, 11 and 20 pin "octals" are sort of common, but not the
9. If you pay a commercial die facility to make the tooling it will
cost the price of a car-what kind of car depends on how busy they are
and whether the owner needs the money or not. If you make it yourself
you will be a toolmaker when you get done.

You might be able to machine a base out of machinable, dielectric
ceramic and fit the pins yourself with considerably less work.

300B versus other trioded octals. Patrick Turner Vacuum Tubes 8 May 21st 08 10:17 PM
Why octals? thomas Vacuum Tubes 55 November 24th 06 03:11 PM
FA:chassis w 45 tubes, vintage Altec Mixers, octals, Sound Worskhop Kevin Kelly Vacuum Tubes 0 January 17th 04 12:38 AM
FA:Altec preamps, power supply, octals, tubes, SW console Kevin Kelly Tech 0 January 17th 04 12:35 AM