Bedini 100/100 restoration.[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Old May 9th 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Paul (NCC/CS).

Default Bedini 100/100 restoration.[SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi,
I've recently bought a Bedini 100/100 power amp
that has only one channel working. Before I trace
out the circuit from the PCB's, does anyone out there
have a copy of the circuit schematic diagram please?
( or even a similar bedini )

Much appreciate any help.
you can email me off list if you like:

cheers,
Paul.

Old May 9th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Chris Hornbeck

On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:58:20 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)." >
wrote:

>I've recently bought a Bedini 100/100 power amp
>that has only one channel working. Before I trace
>out the circuit from the PCB's, does anyone out there
>have a copy of the circuit schematic diagram please?
>( or even a similar bedini )

Hoping to not be too negative, (just turned on my TV;
Paris Hilton is on Letterman, and I'm rooting for
Ms. Hilton on moral grounds) but my one and only
phone contact with Mister Bedini wasn't encouraging.

His explanation of the huge levels of crossover distortion
in both channels of his (contemporary, many years ago)
amplifier wouldn't have appeased a third grader. Total BS.

My strongly held suggestion is to trace out the circuit
and to then begin an examination of how the amplifier
should have been made. Then make the Bedini like that.

All the best fortune,

Chris Hornbeck
"It's for compatibility with 8-Track."
-scott
Old May 12th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Paul[_14_]

My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!

"He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he knows how to read
them and compose them. For him, the positioning and balancing of
components comes as naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano
by ear. He can "compose on the fly."

http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini

is this for real?

this could be a bizarre ride.

any other tips ?

chs,
Paul.

Old May 12th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

On May 11, 9:31*pm, Paul > wrote:
> My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!
>
> "He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he knows how to read
> them and compose them. For him, the positioning and balancing of
> components comes as naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano
> by ear. He can "compose on the fly."
>
> http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini
>
> is this for real?
>
> this could be a bizarre ride.
>
> any other tips ?
>
> chs,
> Paul.
>

> Chris Hornbeck wrote:
> > On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:58:20 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)." >
> > wrote:

> >> I've recently bought a Bedini 100/100 power amp
> >> that has only one channel working. Before I trace
> >> out the circuit from the PCB's, does anyone out there
> >> have a copy of the circuit schematic diagram please?
> >> ( or even a similar bedini )

> > Hoping to not be too negative, (just turned on my TV;
> > Paris Hilton is on Letterman, and I'm rooting for
> > Ms. Hilton on moral grounds) but my one and only
> > phone contact with Mister Bedini wasn't encouraging.

> > His explanation of the huge levels of crossover distortion
> > in both channels of his (contemporary, many years ago)
> > amplifier wouldn't have appeased a third grader. Total BS.

> > My strongly held suggestion is to trace out the circuit
> > and to then begin an examination of how the amplifier
> > should have been made. Then make the Bedini like that.

> > All the best fortune,

> > Chris Hornbeck
> > "It's for compatibility with 8-Track."
> > * -scott- Hide quoted text -

Sound more like a religion that technology. But maybe it's valuable
as a collectors item. Check the ebay sales.
Old May 13th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger

> wrote in message

> On May 11, 9:31 pm, Paul >
> wrote:
>> My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!
>>
>> "He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he
>> knows how to read them and compose them. For him, the
>> positioning and balancing of components comes as
>> naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano by
>> ear. He can "compose on the fly."
>>
>> http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini
>>
>> is this for real?
>>
>> this could be a bizarre ride.
>>
>> any other tips ?
>>
>> chs,
>> Paul.
>>

>> Chris Hornbeck wrote:
>>> On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:58:20 +1000, "Paul (NCC/CS)."

>>> Hoping to not be too negative, (just turned on my TV;
>>> Paris Hilton is on Letterman, and I'm rooting for
>>> Ms. Hilton on moral grounds) but my one and only
>>> phone contact with Mister Bedini wasn't encouraging.

>>> His explanation of the huge levels of crossover
>>> distortion
>>> in both channels of his (contemporary, many years ago)
>>> amplifier wouldn't have appeased a third grader. Total
>>> BS.

>>> My strongly held suggestion is to trace out the circuit
>>> and to then begin an examination of how the amplifier
>>> should have been made. Then make the Bedini like that.

>>> All the best fortune,

>>> Chris Hornbeck
>>> "It's for compatibility with 8-Track."
>>> -scott- Hide quoted text -

> Sound more like a religion that technology. But maybe
> it's valuable as a collectors item. Check the ebay sales.

Good insight. A certain high end reviewer once called Bedini one of the high
priests of audio.

Old May 13th 08, 01:01 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

On May 12, 7:38*pm, "Arny Krueger" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>

> > On May 11, 9:31 pm, Paul >
> > wrote:
> >> My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!

> >> "He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he
> >> knows how to read them and compose them. For him, the
> >> positioning and balancing of components comes as
> >> naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano by
> >> ear. He can "compose on the fly."

> >>http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini

> >> is this for real?

> >> this could be a bizarre ride.

> >> any other tips ?

> >> chs,
> >> Paul.

> > Sound more like a religion that technology. *But maybe
> > it's valuable as a collectors item. *Check the ebay sales.

> Good insight. A certain high end reviewer once called Bedini one of the high
> priests of audio.- Hide quoted text -

If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
Pass as the high priest. His ideas seem to be based on accepted
theory.
Old May 13th 08, 01:06 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland[_2_]

> wrote in message
On May 12, 7:38 pm, "Arny Krueger" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
>

> > On May 11, 9:31 pm, Paul >
> > wrote:
> >> My goodness, i'm starting to get the picture!

> >> "He does not work from a circuit diagram, though he
> >> knows how to read them and compose them. For him, the
> >> positioning and balancing of components comes as
> >> naturally as one who is gifted at playing the piano by
> >> ear. He can "compose on the fly."

> >>http://peswiki.com/index.php/PowerPedia:John_Bedini

> >> is this for real?

> >> this could be a bizarre ride.

> >> any other tips ?

> >> chs,
> >> Paul.

> > Sound more like a religion that technology. But maybe
> > it's valuable as a collectors item. Check the ebay sales.

> Good insight. A certain high end reviewer once called Bedini one of the
> high
> priests of audio.- Hide quoted text -

If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
Pass as the high priest. His ideas seem to be based on accepted
theory.

Now you've opened a can of worms.........

I would rather take instruction from Peter Walker, John Linsley-Hood and
Peter Baxendall, all proper engineers.

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

Old May 13th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Don Pearce

On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:06:16 +0100, "Serge Auckland"
> wrote:

>If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
>Pass as the high priest. His ideas seem to be based on accepted
>theory.
>

>Now you've opened a can of worms.........
>
>I would rather take instruction from Peter Walker, John Linsley-Hood and
>Peter Baxendall, all proper engineers.
>
>S.

Or indeed Doug Self, who could go 12 rounds with Pass one-handed.

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
Old May 13th 08, 03:58 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

On May 13, 9:03*am, (Don Pearce) wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:06:16 +0100, "Serge Auckland"
>
> > wrote:
> >If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
> >Pass as the high priest. *His ideas seem to be based on accepted
> >theory.

> >I would rather take instruction from Peter Walker, John Linsley-Hood and
> >Peter Baxendall, all proper engineers.

> >S.

> Or indeed Doug Self, who could go 12 rounds with Pass one-handed.

> --
> Pearce Consultinghttp://www.pearce.uk.com

"Now you've opened a can of worms........."

yukyuk, guess you were right :-)

I like Pass's willingness to build over the top speakers
http://www.passdiy.com/speakers.htm
Old May 13th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Serge Auckland[_2_]

> wrote in message
On May 13, 9:03 am, (Don Pearce) wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 13:06:16 +0100, "Serge Auckland"
>
> > wrote:
> >If I was going to worship at the alter of audio I think I'd vote for
> >Pass as the high priest. His ideas seem to be based on accepted
> >theory.

> >I would rather take instruction from Peter Walker, John Linsley-Hood and
> >Peter Baxendall, all proper engineers.

> >S.

> Or indeed Doug Self, who could go 12 rounds with Pass one-handed.

> --
> Pearce Consultinghttp://www.pearce.uk.com

>"Now you've opened a can of worms........."

>yukyuk, guess you were right :-)

>I like Pass's willingness to build over the top speakers
> http://www.passdiy.com/speakers.htm

Ils sont magnifique, mais ils ne sont pas le hi-fi.....with apologies to
General Bosquet

S.

--
http://audiopages.googlepages.com

FA: Bedini BA-803 amp tapin Marketplace 0 May 30th 07 11:43 PM
FA: Bedini B.A.S.E. Greg Bryant Pro Audio 4 August 3rd 06 07:25 PM
WTB; Bedini B.A.S.E david Pro Audio 2 April 26th 05 05:00 PM
Bedini 45/45 [email protected] Pro Audio 0 April 3rd 05 10:48 PM
WTB: Bedini 100/100 1 MEG tap1n Marketplace 0 December 28th 03 10:48 PM