Posted to rec.audio.car
Paul Harris Paul Harris is offline

Default car radio/cd in bathroom 12 volt supply

Hi
I want to install a car cdplayer in my bathroom
can anyone recomend a transformer/power supply for this purpose
I need 14.4 volts D.C with a max 15amps drain
I was looking at cb radio power supplies but no luck with the amps spec.
Anyone done this or know another transformer solution ?

please reply to Paul Harris

thanks
Paul H

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

In article , "Paul Harris" wrote:
Hi
I want to install a car cdplayer in my bathroom
can anyone recomend a transformer/power supply for this purpose
I need 14.4 volts D.C with a max 15amps drain
I was looking at cb radio power supplies but no luck with the amps spec.
Anyone done this or know another transformer solution ?

please reply to Paul Harris

I once asked this before. I can buy Farnel parts through Newark (In-One)
Can you buy MCM (In-One) through Farnell.
If so how about...........................
http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...i d=72%2D8115

You could probably use a computer supply. How much volume or partying
are you planning on doing in the bath?

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

In article , (GregS) wrote:

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...uct%5Fi d=72%
2D8115

You could probably use a computer supply. How much volume or partying
are you planning on doing in the bath?

You could also use a 15 volt supply. All car radios need to be designed
to handle up to 16 volt peaks. There are many Notebook type supplies
out there. I doub't if you will need more than 5 amps. I see several pages of possibilities
in the Jameco catalog.

Try here...........................
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Home.aspx?C=...U 1Pgody3h-iA

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

There are many Notebook type supplies
out there. I doub't if you will need more than 5 amps.

I agree. 5 amps should fill a bathroom with sound from a typical HU no
problem. Here is one option, a battery charger that can provide 5 amps:

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...Son1212SR.html

There may be cheaper ways to go, but this isn't too bad.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I agree. 5 amps should fill a bathroom with sound from a typical HU no
problem. Here is one option, a battery charger that can provide 5 amps:

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-...Son1212SR.html

There may be cheaper ways to go, but this isn't too bad.

Actually I want to amend what I said. I was talking to friend of mine about
this today and he agreed that OLDER battery chargers do indeed work just
fine as 12 volt power supplies.

But he said that the newer battery chargers have built in computers and they
"know" whether they are connected to a battery or not. He said if you tried
to use a modern battery charger to run a 12 volt device, the charger might
not even power up as it will know there is no battery involved.

So with that in mind, perhaps it would be best NOT to consider using a
battery charger (at least not a newer one).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Don't use a battery charger, they are unregulated and the AC to DC conversion
is not clean you'll hear a nice humming sound to go with your music. Misfit
has lost his mind and is talking out of his ass again.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

.. Misfit
has lost his mind and is talking out of his ass again.

Yes, but do you have any idea how INCREDIBLY hard it is to talk out of your
ass? And when you're sitting the sound's all muffled and ****.

Hi Howdy.

I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, ask a real question of this
moron (I should have my head examined), but here goes....

OK, Howdy, explain exactly why there would be a hum because I HAVE DONE THIS
BEFORE (with a system in my shop) with no hum. So you explain EXACTLY why
there would be hum.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Barry & Nikki Barry & Nikki is offline

Maybe he spends more time in the bathroom than in his car. Personally I
would stay away from Taco Hell and spend more time in my car and not on the
pot.

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Paul Harris"

wrote:
Hi
I want to install a car cdplayer in my bathroom
can anyone recomend a transformer/power supply for this purpose
I need 14.4 volts D.C with a max 15amps drain
I was looking at cb radio power supplies but no luck with the amps spec.
Anyone done this or know another transformer solution ?

please reply to Paul Harris

I once asked this before. I can buy Farnel parts through Newark (In-One)
Can you buy MCM (In-One) through Farnell.
If so how about...........................

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...i d=72%2D8115

You could probably use a computer supply. How much volume or partying
are you planning on doing in the bath?

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Barry,
Read your Email now.
Nick

"Barry & Nikki" wrote in message
om...
Maybe he spends more time in the bathroom than in his car. Personally I
would stay away from Taco Hell and spend more time in my car and not on

the
pot.

"GregS" wrote in message
In article , "Paul

Harris"
wrote:
Hi
I want to install a car cdplayer in my bathroom
can anyone recomend a transformer/power supply for this purpose
I need 14.4 volts D.C with a max 15amps drain
I was looking at cb radio power supplies but no luck with the amps

spec.
Anyone done this or know another transformer solution ?

please reply to Paul Harris

I once asked this before. I can buy Farnel parts through Newark (In-One)
Can you buy MCM (In-One) through Farnell.
If so how about...........................

http://www.mcminone.com/product.asp?...i d=72%2D8115

You could probably use a computer supply. How much volume or partying
are you planning on doing in the bath?

greg

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Your answer is in my first post, battery chargers are unregulated and due to
their lack of capacitance they tend to have a ripple in their voltage which
introduces noise. Not to mention that battery chargers can reach voltages of
17-18 volts and most car audio is doomed at anything over 16 volts. You worry
about Bob giving people bad advice that can end up damaging someone's system.
Well, there you go Misfit Bob. But since you might find this a little hard to
swallow coming from me, Feel free to go to the link below and educate
your dumb ass.

http://www.bcae1.com/pwrsupdc.htm

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
.. Misfit
has lost his mind and is talking out of his ass again.

Yes, but do you have any idea how INCREDIBLY hard it is to talk out of your
ass? And when you're sitting the sound's all muffled and ****.

Hi Howdy.

I can't believe I'm actually going to do this, ask a real question of this
moron (I should have my head examined), but here goes....

OK, Howdy, explain exactly why there would be a hum because I HAVE DONE THIS
BEFORE (with a system in my shop) with no hum. So you explain EXACTLY why
there would be hum.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

All I can say is I've done it, and didn't fry anything.

And I have NEVER lied about anything I've said on this group (like you
seemed to think I did when I said A) I worked at Phoenix Gold, B) was a
college professor who taught at the University of Portland C) competed and
won in IASCA competitions). All those things are easily provable (my name
is Nicholas Victor Tanner).

I have no reason to lie about anything because I don't care about impressing
you, Howdy (or anybody else for that matter).

AND I have no problem AT ALL admitting when I'm wrong (like last night when
I admitted I misspelled moxie).

YOU on the other hand, have never admitted to being wrong about anything
because you are SO INCREDIBLY INSECURE (and you probably have about a ninth
grade education). You are a rude, bombastic, asshole (and your grammar
stinks to boot).

Again, I have used a battery charger to power a HU with no hum or problems
whatsoever.

So, I say, believe who you want. Howdy or me. We'll let the public decide.

And that's all I'm going to say about this subject.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Battery chargers can work well but many of them rely on the external
capacitor (battery) to help filter the ripple. They are not designed to
run your electronics directly. That's why I would recopmmend a real
power supply.

Perhaps I got lucky with mine. I am no EE and can only speak to my own
experience. It DID work for me just fine.

Of course, one could bring a car battery into the house and run the HU off
of that, and then use the charger to charge the battery back up when not in
use if AC ripple is a problem.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

I know that you taught auto shop at the University of Portland. You talk out
your ass and that's all that you do and you love covering your ass with "in my
opinion". However you do love car audio, it's just too bad that you know
nothing about it and the cars that it goes into. At best you're a car audio
poser that collects trash. You love the idea of impressing the **** out of the
newbies and you know it. We'll let the public google and read the facts on
battery chargers and power supplies and let the public decide, What I have
said about battery chargers is covered in most web pages that explain power
supplies. Even most battery charger manuals will warn against what stupid
says. Have you not sent newbies to the web site that I have listed for
information in the past? Mind you, today you don't agree with your own advice.
Anyhow that was a really nice replay in hopes to take the attention off just
how ****ing stupid you are around here, it's just too bad it was off topic.
Yeah my grammar stinks, this is why I'm in a car audio forum and not a grammar
forum, and that is a hell a lot better then you sitting around here with your
great grammar skills trying to convince people that you know something about
nothing. It's just too bad that you are too stupid to know that you are stupid
and this why you had to point out my ill grammar in a car audio forum even
though my grammar wont damage anyone's car audio unlike your ****ed up advice
that was freshly pull out of your ass.

The funny thing is that when you thought that I misspelled moxie, you called
me a bonehead and said that it was like trying to explain things to a 9 year
old. How did you feel about yourself when you found out that you were the 9
year old bonehead, you're you even harder on yourself? The reason that I ask
is because you had no problem letting people know how you felt when you
thought that I have made an error, but you did not make it clear on how you
felt about yourself when you noticed the error was yours professor.

Also professor feel free to let us know how your teachings at the University
of Portland are helping you install car audio today.

**** face!!!!!!!

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

There goes the nutty professor being stupid again. Car batteries produce a
highly explosive gas called hydrogen gas. This radio is being installed in a
bathroom and unless this person is rich he has an average size crapper that
you can stink out with one good fart.
The nutty professor seems to think that it's a good idea to have a battery in
a small room like this and have the battery fill this small room with hydrogen
gas. Keep in mind that most crappers have a light switch and most people tend
to use hairdryers in their bathrooms. Would homeowners insurance even cover
someone that stupid?

Even without that problem, car batteries have vents on top that cover the top
of the battery with battery acid as the battery vents its gases. Got pets ?

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Battery chargers can work well but many of them rely on the external
capacitor (battery) to help filter the ripple. They are not designed to
run your electronics directly. That's why I would recopmmend a real
power supply.

Perhaps I got lucky with mine. I am no EE and can only speak to my own
experience. It DID work for me just fine.

Of course, one could bring a car battery into the house and run the HU off
of that, and then use the charger to charge the battery back up when not in
use if AC ripple is a problem.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
All I can say is I've done it, and didn't fry anything.

Not that misfit (heheh) will ever see this, but I've done it as well... and had
it work fine with one charger, but had a nasty hum with a different charger.

So you're both right. Deal with it.

This group will now self-implode.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

Paul Harris wrote:
Hi
I want to install a car cdplayer in my bathroom

Okay, the one question nobody has asked here is, WHY?

It's not clean, it's not compact by any stretch of the imagination, you still
need to put speakers somewhere, and an antenna if you want to receive radio
(your average bathroom really doesn't have a lot of extra space for all that
mess), and unless you get a deck and speakers intended for marine use, it
probably won't last long in such a humid environment.

There was already a thread within the last two weeks about hooking up a car
stereo in the house... that poster wanted to do it simply for the
experimentation. The bathroom is really not the place for that.

can anyone recomend a transformer/power supply for this purpose
I need 14.4 volts D.C with a max 15amps drain
I was looking at cb radio power supplies but no luck with the amps spec.
Anyone done this or know another transformer solution ?

Okay, assuming you still decide to do this, the deck really won't need 15A. In
fact, it would probably never need more than 5A. Any CB bench supply should
work just fine. As has already been discussed, you can try a battery charger,
but be aware that it MAY cause noise problems. Howdy is absolutely correct: DO
NOT use a car battery inside the house (pick up a 12V gel-cel if you REALLY need
to do this).

My recommendation would be to pick up any of a hundred shower-radio units on the
market, lots of them include CD players. I have a Sony unit that also has
digital tuning for the radio portion, and stereo speakers.
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Not that misfit (heheh) will ever see this, but I've done it as well...
and had
it work fine with one charger, but had a nasty hum with a different

charger.

So you're both right. Deal with it.

Thank you Matt. See. (I have OE set up so only posts where he agrees with
me get through).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

There goes the nutty professor being stupid again. Car batteries produce a
highly explosive gas called hydrogen gas.

He COULD use a sealed battery like an Optima. I'll bet if you asked Optima
they would say that an application like that would be OK.

But you're right, a regular battery in the house is NOT a good idea. So,
Howdy, you ARE right about that.

Again, I just want to point out, that no matter how rude Howdy can be, I
have NO problem AT ALL admitting when I'm wrong. My ego is WAY above his
petty little name calling games (Nutty Professor, now that's nutty).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Actually, Matt, I have unblocked you mainly because EVERY time I answer some
basic newbie question like "do I connect the amp directly to the battery?",
I'm typing away imagining that you've already answered it (because you are
good about answering newbie questions) and that I'm completely wasting my
time.

So whether you want to accept it or not, I'm calling a truce.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

The only thing you said in that entire ridiculous rant that was true was
that I loved car audio, the rest was BS.

No, I don't care about impressing the newbies, I want to HELP the newbies (a
concept foreign to you).

And who do you think you're kidding? You had NO IDEA what the word Moxie
meant, you spell checked it and since it was slang and not in the spell
checker you came up with "maxie". Note the "a" and the "o" are nowhere even
close on the keyboard so don't try and say it was a typo. YOU HAD NO IDEA
WHAT THAT WORD MEANT. Anyone who reads that exchange would come to the same
conclusion so I would keep my mouth shut on that one if I were you.

So yes, I spelled it wrong (I got "maxie" too as my first choice when my
spell-checker could not find it, that's why I spelled it wrong), but my
"insult" stands (BONEHEAD), you didn't HAVE A CLUE what that word meant
until you looked it up.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Actually, Matt, I have unblocked you mainly because EVERY time I answer some
basic newbie question like "do I connect the amp directly to the battery?",
I'm typing away imagining that you've already answered it (because you are
good about answering newbie questions) and that I'm completely wasting my
time.

So whether you want to accept it or not, I'm calling a truce.

Well, you declared the war, you've fired pretty much every shot, so the truce is
yours to call if you want. Personally, I don't give a **** either way.
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Well, you declared the war, you've fired pretty much every shot, so the
truce is
yours to call if you want. Personally, I don't give a **** either way.

Look, I don't want to start any new ****, but you WERE the one who sent me
an Email to talk about it, not the other way around, so OBVIOUSLY you do
give a **** (otherwise, why would you waste the time writing Emails to me?).

But I want to put it all behind us. You are right, I certainly fired MOST
of the shots, I did start this whole nonsense, and I said some rude things
I didn't mean, so for that I'm sorry.

So let's burry the hatchet, OK?

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Funny how you avoid questions that you don't want to answer. Stupid.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

I know that you are using a 5 year old Optima under your hood or your wife's
hood whatever the care might be, you know what they are worth. Not to add the
price of a battery charger, do you think this is cost effective advice vs. a
5-15amp regulated power supply? Maybe he sould just go with a bose system.

You little freak.

In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
There goes the nutty professor being stupid again. Car batteries produce a
highly explosive gas called hydrogen gas.

He COULD use a sealed battery like an Optima. I'll bet if you asked Optima
they would say that an application like that would be OK.

But you're right, a regular battery in the house is NOT a good idea. So,
Howdy, you ARE right about that.

Again, I just want to point out, that no matter how rude Howdy can be, I
have NO problem AT ALL admitting when I'm wrong. My ego is WAY above his
petty little name calling games (Nutty Professor, now that's nutty).

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Since there seems to be some very ill advice floating around here regarding
the use of battery chargers as power supplies, I thought that I would show
anyone that had doubts what a battery charger can do while hooked up to a
850CA battery in a charged state. The battery charger used is a digital
computer controlled model that will shutdown automatically when it reaches 17
volts and display O.L (overload) on the readout, Analog battery chargers are
not computer controlled and will not shut off on their own when they reach
high voltages. This is why you should never charge your car battery in your
car while it is hooked up to the cars battery cables. Most automotive
electronics have an operating range of 10 -16 volts and anything over 16 volts
will cause a lot of carnage in your car. See links below.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mrled/Picture%20353.jpg

http://home.cogeco.ca/~mrled/Picture%20354.jpg

If someone has already damaged their car audio with the Nutty Professor's
advice, feel free to let me know and I'll drop you his home address, just so
that you can beat the idiot over the ****ing head with the gear that he has
cost you.

Nuff said.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Well, you declared the war, you've fired pretty much every shot, so the

truce is

yours to call if you want. Personally, I don't give a **** either way.

Look, I don't want to start any new ****, but you WERE the one who sent me
an Email to talk about it, not the other way around, so OBVIOUSLY you do
give a **** (otherwise, why would you waste the time writing Emails to me?).

I'm not interested in "talking about" anything. I CC'd you in email a post that
I made the group. I didn't even bother reading the reply before deleting it,
because I don't give a ****.

But I want to put it all behind us. You are right, I certainly fired MOST
of the shots, I did start this whole nonsense, and I said some rude things
I didn't mean, so for that I'm sorry.

So let's burry the hatchet, OK?

Fine with me.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

Teeeeeheeeee

In article TjdWg.108768$1T2.39702@pd7urf2no, Matt Ion
wrote:
MOSFET wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

I'm not interested in "talking about" anything. I CC'd you in email a
post that
I made the group.

You know Matt, I hate to say it, but you're starting to make me realize why
I blocked you in the first place. I'm trying to make a peace offer, but
you're acting like a real jerk. THIS IS WHAT YOU EMAILED (again, YOU
Emailed this to ME) ME:

Why do you keep unblocking me then? Do you love the torment, or are you
just
stupid? You're convinced I'm evil and that everything I post is an attack
against you, so why do you expect that to ever change?

THESE ARE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ASKING ME!!!!! THIS IS DIRECTED TO ME!!!!

WHY THE **** DID YOU EMAIL IT TO ME IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ANSWERS?!?!?!?

Do you have a good answer for that, Matt?

I mean, come on. I am trying to make an effort and you keep coming off
like a real jerk in all your responses AND it seems to me you are now lying
(how the hell can you call questions TO ME Emailed TO ME just a CC?).

You know what Matt, just forget it. I tried. The world could see. You ARE
an ass.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Oh, and Matt, don't say something asinine like CCing is somehow different
than Emailing. If it shows up in my INBOX, it was Emailed to me. You had to
cut and past MY address to get it there.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Oh, and Matt, don't say something asinine like CCing is somehow different
than Emailing. If it shows up in my INBOX, it was Emailed to me. You had to
cut and past MY address to get it there.

I never said it was anything different.

Now you're just LOOKING for reasons to complain and belittle me.

And you call me a rude asshole. Yeesh.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
I'm not interested in "talking about" anything. I CC'd you in email a

post that

I made the group.

You know Matt, I hate to say it, but you're starting to make me realize why
I blocked you in the first place. I'm trying to make a peace offer, but
you're acting like a real jerk. THIS IS WHAT YOU EMAILED (again, YOU
Emailed this to ME) ME:

Why do you keep unblocking me then? Do you love the torment, or are you
just
stupid? You're convinced I'm evil and that everything I post is an attack
against you, so why do you expect that to ever change?

THESE ARE QUESTIONS YOU ARE ASKING ME!!!!! THIS IS DIRECTED TO ME!!!!

WHY THE **** DID YOU EMAIL IT TO ME IF YOU DIDN'T WANT ANSWERS?!?!?!?

Do you have a good answer for that, Matt?

The questions were rhetorical. I didn't expect or particularly want a reply.

Good enough?

I mean, come on. I am trying to make an effort and you keep coming off
like a real jerk in all your responses AND it seems to me you are now lying
(how the hell can you call questions TO ME Emailed TO ME just a CC?).

The post was made to the list, and carbon-copied to your email. It's not a
difficult concept.

You know what Matt, just forget it. I tried. The world could see. You ARE
an ass.

Takes one to know one. Nyah nyah nah-nyah-nyah.

MOSFET

CMOSASS
Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Rhetorical, huh?

Ok, well then in the future if you Email me with any more "rhetorical"
questions please state so.

That way I won't waste my time constructing a response.

MOSFET
(and you know you deserved that one, Matt)

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
MOSFET wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Hey, a private room! You and me, Matt. Sounds like fun!!

Sorry, I. Care I'll stop.

I. Tried

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion Matt Ion is offline

MOSFET wrote:
Rhetorical, huh?

Ok, well then in the future if you Email me with any more "rhetorical"
questions please state so.

That way I won't waste my time constructing a response.

Why do you bother in the first place? You're already convinced you're wasting
your time by responding to me.

Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain_Howdy Captain_Howdy is offline

You two dickheads are scaring all of the newbies away and are flushing this
group down the drain with your very rude antics. It's just makes my balls itch
to see this of thing going on in here, or maybe it's the crabs that I got from
****ing Misfit in the ass that are making my balls itch, But either way you
two need to stop these ludicrous actions and allow RAC to be a warm and
welcoming place for newbies to come and destroy their cars and car audio with
Misfits chilling and illing advice.

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

Default Let's not scare the newbies!!!!

I suppose whoever started this "let's not scare the noobs" crap should be
shot.

It's like "God forbid, we scare any noobs! We wouldn't want to scare away
those poor, pathetic noobs who are wandering blindly in the night.....".

I admit, I have found myself guilty of this thinking, but now I realize a
handful of bozos like us are not going to stop anybody from asking their
questions.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
D.Kreft D.Kreft is offline

Captain_Howdy wrote:

You two dickheads are scaring all of the newbies away and are flushing this
group down the drain with your very rude antics.

I got news for you, sir...this group got flushed down the drain nearly
ten years ago. It's nothing but a shell of what it used to be in terms
of traffic or meaningful content.

It's just makes my balls itch....crabs...from f***ing Misfit in the a**...my balls itch

I'm not sure whether to suggest you see a doctor about your infection
or to report you to the sexual crimes unit.

But either way you
two need to stop these ludicrous actions and allow RAC to be a warm and
welcoming place for newbies to come and destroy their cars and car audio with
Misfits chilling and illing advice.

Agreed, because nothing gives rec.audio.car newbies the
"warm-and-fuzzies" and promotes spontaneous group hugs like talking
loudly about scrotal irritations and rectal assault.

I'm not sure that fighting fire with fire is the right approach here.

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up
anger.
Proverbs 15:1

One thing you might want to keep in mind, is that with the advent of
Google Groups, the things you say on USENET will be *forever* recorded
and available for anyone to drag-up and embarass you in the future.
Trust me on this one...over the course of the past couple of weeks,
I've read enough of my 10-year-old USENET posts to make me shake my
head and wish I could go back in time and slap myself upside the head
for being such an arrogant jerk.

-dan